Search results

1. D

Samsung PM983 U.2 very slow write speeds

Just letting everyone know the final outcome here. I sourced another NVMe U2 drive, an Intel P4510 4TB and the write performance is now every bit as good as the read performance using the same Startech adaptor. So the issue appears to have definitely been with the Samsung PM983 drive which I...
  2. D

Just to be clear this is a PM983 U.2 format NVMe drive not SATA. I used CrystalDiskMark for bench marking this drive and also an existing well worn Samsung 970Pro for reference. The same clean install of Win10 on a separate SATA boot drive was used. The same PCIe 3.0 slot in an Asus B85M-E in...
  3. D

I bought another PCIe U.2 adaptor this model IO-PCE4X-U2, this has and external SATA power connector so rule out my power theory. Pretty much the same results read ~3300MB/s, very slow write speeds persist and nothing above 280MB/s is ever seen, tested again on multiple computers. I can only...
  4. D

I found this tech doc on the drive and it suggests these drives don't have a volatile write cache, see page 37. Reading a bit more that seems to be expected for enterprise grade SSD's.
  5. D

I was trying to use this card in one of the PCIe 3.0 x8 slots on a HP DL20 Gen10. I have since tried it in a couple of different desktop PC's with PCIe 2.0 and 3.0 slots. The read speed halves when operating at PCIe 2.0 as expected but the write speeds always remain low ~300MB/s. I tried the...
  6. D

Long time lurker here but 1st post. I recently bought a new Samsung PM983 U.2 drive MZQLB3T8HALS-00007 and have it mounted in a Startech PEX4SFF8639 U.2 to PCIe adaptor. The sequential read speeds are exactly what they should be with over 3300MB/s however the write speeds really suck and I'm...