Search results

1. V

Server 2016 with two nodes + failover cluster manager

If I take out those 4 new SSDs and replace them with normal 15K SAS drives (i.e. the same ones as what's currently in them), will that allow me to use the new disks as capacity? or will that not be possibly because of the columns?
  2. V

Confirming I've moved the pool + CSVs to host 2, run the optimize command on the pool on host 2, no difference made.
  3. V

Great - I'll give that a go. Thanks a lot for your help so far.
  4. V

OK so I can see the owner of the pool is the second host. CSV01 is host 1 CSV02 is host 2 I'm assuming I can make host 2 owner of CSV01 without downtime/outage is that right?
  5. V

Any idea what this 2.18TB free is referring to?
  6. V

Ok thanks. is it possible to reduce the size of CSVs? I’m thinking of moving non-critical VMs off the clusters then reduce CSV01 and assign CSV02 more space as that needs it more.
  7. V

Unfortunately that's not going to be possible as the server has no more slots :( Do you know what did it achieve when I added 2 x 1TB SSDs on each server? Seems adding them or not made no difference ?
  8. V

Hi - yep I ran that a few days ago but it made no difference unfortunately. I can run it again if you like? But I ran it twice already.
  9. V

Oh, no :( So possibly stupid question but what did it achieve when I added 2 x 1TB SSDs on each server? Also, when the storage pool shows me 2.18TB of free space, what exactly is that? i.e. what's the purpose of showing me that if I cannot use it?
  10. V

Hi, Thanks for your response. Please see below: Yes correct this is part of a S2D cluster.
  11. V

Hi, Is anyone able to assist with this one? Thanks,
  12. V

Hi All, Hoping someone can assist. We've got two physical servers running 2016 running running a failover cluster manager environment. Each server has the following hard disks installed. 8 x 600GB 15k SAS on storage controller 1 2 x 600GB 15k SAS (mirrored as used by host OS) on storage...