Search results

1. L

Windows 10 10gbe keeps freezing machine

Thanks for all the replies, everyone. However: As soon as I read this, I had a "Why on earth did I not think of that" moment - I know from swapping the NICs around that they're extremely hot a few minutes after powering the machine off. In fact, I did this test now and the heatsink on the PC's...
  2. L

Thanks Bjorn - what's routing between network cards on the Qnap machine? I have a Virtual Adapter and Virtual Switch on the QNAP side, these allow the virtual machines running on the NAS to access the internet. I am using the latest Intel drivers.
  3. L

On the QNAP end, it's using its own 10gbe ports (no separate add-on card). Those use the Aquantia AQC107 controller. On the PC end, I have a card that's using the Intel X550-t chipset. I think it's a Startech card.
  4. L

Hi all, This problem has been driving me nuts for a few years now. I've had two 10gbe-enabled NAS units - a Synology and now a QNAP TS-1677x - and I have a RAID6 config in it with about 90tb of space. The problem is that sometimes, when trying to access files and folders stored on the NAS...