Search results

1. L

Dell satadom 64gb

@haregh19 I purchased a pair of the same model Innodisk SATDOMs from a different ebay listing which had a no return policy, and I wasn't willing to just eat the $50 so I had to make them work. Your ebay listing indicates it can be returned within 30 days, so if you don't think you can get...
  2. L

Dell satadom 64gb

Took longer then I wanted (pandemic slowed down my ability to get a few things dealt with) but as of a week ago, I have successfully got both DOMs operational as the boot pool of my FreeNAS system. The solder joints aren't pretty, but they're hidden under the heat shrink tube so I don't care...
  3. L

Dell satadom 64gb

The cables arrived Monday, and Tuesday I managed to strip them without cutting too many (or none) of the wire strands. My current challenge is finding heat shrink tube small enough for these guys. Neighbor has a soldering iron, so hopefully I'll be able to find time to get these assembled by...
  4. L

Dell satadom 64gb

Sure, it's here When I ordered, the 150mm length (that Oxygen linked to on the Farnell site) was out of stock, so I got the 100mm. There is also a 50mm, and longer like 300mm but I don't need that. If you search the ol' interwebs for "molex 15134-0302" you can find other sites selling them...
  5. L

Dell satadom 64gb

Well, I gave up on putting those connectors on the wire. I've ordered 2 of the complete cables from digi-key since they had the best price & shipping cost, plus they're quick being just a state north of me. The good news is that since the cables have the connector at both ends, I can fail up...
  6. L

Dell satadom 64gb

Well dang, where were you about 24 hours ago. I think I'd go with the plan of cutting the 4-pin connector off the cable & soldering the two cables together. But, I'm committed now. Since I ordered 2x the number of parts I need, I'll give it a try. If I can't get it, I'll have to look for a...
  7. L

Dell satadom 64gb

My issue with getting the Supermicro DOMs is they're oddly hard to find, especially for less than $50 and FreeNAS doesn't need a lot of space on the boot device. Anyway, I placed an order at digikey for 4 of the plastic housings & 10 crimp connectors. Hopefully this weekend I can get at least...
  8. L

Dell satadom 64gb

I can't say I'm particularly thrilled to find all of this information. I bought a Supermicro X11SCL-F motherboard, which has two of the yellow SATA ports. Sadly, I'm in the same boat as several of you here, after purchasing two Innodisk ML 3SE series SATADOMs with a 4-pin power connector off...