Search results

1. L

[removed]

[removed]
  2. L

Mellanox ConnectX-4s Not Working

Alright so I ended up ordering a single port card from ebay from a different seller, and after flashing new firmware, switching to ethernet mode, and configuring the celestica to rs, I got a link up without a hitch. I'm gonna take that the two cards I got were DOA and will be returning them.
  3. L

Okay so update, I unplugged the cable from the right port and learned that it still blinks in ~0.5 second intervals and that it only stops when the left port is unplugged. The port on the right does not do anything at all with the DAC cable plugged in. I'll update if I can get anything...
  4. L

Screen shot of one of the ports (other port prints the same thing): After setting the speed to 40 gigabit and connecting the ports to each other using my known good QSFP+ cable, the light does blink once again, but still no option to connect in the GUI and ethtool reports no link detected. In...
  5. L

Yeah I saw that thread in the one I linked in my original post. I tried that but it still didn't link up. Also as I said before I tried an old Arista 7050t with QSFP+ ports and even that did not work. So at this point it's either a card issue or a cable issue. I ordered a Mellanox DAC cable to...
  6. L

I added a TLDR to get the jist of it down. But yeah I'm not sure what else to do other than going back to my Chelsio 40 gigabit cards
  7. L

So I've spent many hours on this completely unnecessary home network upgrade from 40 gigabit to 100 gigabit and it has been a very frustrating journey. I recently acquired a Celestica DX010 100 gigabit switch loaded with SONiC, two Mellanox ConnectX-4s (Exact model for both appears to be...
  8. L

Threadripper or EPYC for a gentoo workstation?

No I haven't seen it. I was considering going with a Gigabyte AORUS XTREME TRX40 board (iirc) if I went TR because of the 4 slots being separated as well as the 3 M.2 slots, though it is really dang large. I'll be honest I'm not too impressed by that ASRock TRX board, but I do LOVE this Asrock...
  9. L

At the moment it's pretty much all for myself. Yes I know it's pretty overkill, but my current build was overkill anyway for its time. I've also wanted to dabble in other things such as rendering and video editing, so it's pretty much an all purpose build to handle anything I throw at it. Also I...
  10. L

Good to know, I did a little research beforehand and saw something regarding ipmitool, but wasn't sure if asrock would be similar or the same. My workload is mostly compiling programs on gentoo linux. Having large amounts of high speed ram helps too as I tend to put my compile jobs onto a ram...
  11. L

I've been planning for a new computer build for a couple months now. With the new 3990x and EPYC server processors launching, I've been wanting to move away from my current X299 build as my chip has been really tough to cool and my needs have shifted. With this, I've kind of planned out two...