Search results

1. B

X9drl-if 2650v2 x2 combo heat/sensor issues

So back in may/june I got the above combo shown here Anniversary 2.0 Combo: Supermicro X9DRL-iF + 2x E5-2650v2 but I only got around to actually building it yesterday. Plugged it all in and it fired up first time, everything seemed good. Chucked some more ram in, wouldn’t post with more than 4...
  2. B

Dual v2 Server Build Questions/Advice sought

Hi all, I ended up getting a SM X9DRL-IF which has arrived here. I also picked up a 1tb Samsung PM961 with the aim of using it as a new cache drive. via a NVMe to PCIe adapter. However, the adapter is x16 slot size while the mobo only has x8 slots. Is there any way I can make that work, or if...
  3. B

You're correct, the 2650v2 is still the sweet spot for bang for buck, I suspect I'm drawn to the extra core counts. Maybe I'll trade down on the CPU after all. RAM I can pick up later as I need thankfully. Any thoughts on the motherboards?
  4. B

Hi All, At long last I've finally got some spare change and time enough to upgrade my ancient file server. For reference, this is what I've been working with: Xeon x3440 Intel 2600 mobo 12GB ram Unraid 4x 8TB 4x 4TB 2x 240gb cache Currently parity takes approximately 18hrs to run, and the...