Search results

1. C

Deals on Dell FX2S from a few sellers

I decided it is time to upgrade since there are a few deals on Dell FX2S systems out there. I have ordered one so have no experience yet, but was attracted by the density -- up to 8 compute nodes per chassis, WITH INTERCHASSIS 10GBPS NETWORKING. eBay Search for FX2S priced from $500 to $1500...
  2. C

Is "vSAN Recovery" during yellow boot screen normal?

I just want to confirm that "vSAN Recovery" during boot is not a normal thing? If it were not BAD then I would assume they'd use "initializing" or some other nomenclature that didn't suggest something had gone awry. Is this called PLOG recovery? Just want to make sure that this is...
  3. C

Swtiching over Multiple Uplinks on VMware VDS

So I'm trying to cross connect my physical ESXi hosts with 40GbE direct connect cables because that's the only way I can get 40GbE.... (and I don't want to pay data center to host a 1U switch that would be only 1GbE or 10GbE max anyway). I do know that VMware only officially supports 2 node...
  4. C

Confusing Mellanox Mezzanine Cards for C6320

I've purchased a couple mezzanine cards off ebay and am a bit confused. The BCAA/3CYRK I believe was originally sold by Dell for the C6220 and I bought 3 of these to try in my C6320 sleds. THEY DO WORK (use 4NWN5 bridge card) and they come up as Connectx-3 PRO and MT27520 family. Since I...
  5. C

Direct Connect vSphere 7 with 3 or 4 Hosts Possible?

Looking for feedback and ideas.... BACKGROUND: want to setup vSphere 7.0 and planned to go with a 2 host direct connect cluster. After realizing that I would still need a witness, I decided OK why not just go with a 3 host cluster because a 3rd host is more useful than a witness? And the more I...
  6. C

The Dell PowerEdge C6320/C6300 Mega Thread

Throwing this against the wall to see if it sticks.... anyone else out there on the C6320? There is a great C6220 thread that has been informative.... https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/the-dell-poweredge-c6220-thread.7451/ ... but thought it might be good to start a new one for...
  7. C

Getting Started with Dell C6300/C6320 Node Server

Hey guys, great forums you have here. I am learning a lot and I noticed some of you have experience with the PowerEdge C platform. I got a cheap C6300 chassis and one C6320 blade, with two others on the way. Running into some strange things, right off the bat, that are making me feel like an...