Search results

1. M

ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L

miniknight, My initial goal was to run freenas on bare metal. Since I have a spare sandybridge i3 collecting dust I'm going to just use that with a X9 supermicro board for now. Would love to get the low power and low thermal load benefits of the atom though. This little board has so much potential!
  2. M

ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L

Yeah, I went through the BIOS several times and tried various combinations of legacy boot modes, different boot media, turning off features etc and still no success. Hope you have better luck than I did... I did email ASUS support about it and their troubleshooting loop is equally frustrating...
  3. M

ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L

Thanks for trying Patrick. Unfortunately I think I'm gonna have to swap this board out for a supermicro then.
  4. M

ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L

My board came in but I can't get it to boot ESXi 5.5, Solaris 12, Open Indiana or any variant of FreeBSD including nanoBSD based FreeNAS. Just hangs wen trying to load the kernel on all these OSes. However is appears to run Linux just fine. I'm kinda at a loss as to what the problem is, perhaps...
  5. M

ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L

FYI this board is now in-stock and available for purchase at Newegg, I took a leap of faith and ordered one up. ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L Mini ITX Green and Space-Saving Server Board DDR3 1333/1600 ECC/Non-ECC UDIMM - Newegg.com