Search results

1. E

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

Wow, that's truly insane. My Es samples crash with 16gbps link. Also you don't have the extra divider on the if fabric like most Es samples
  2. E

For me the only solution was to completly remove it, install windows installer on a seperate drive. Shut down & put the Intel in. Clone the installer to the drive and then the installation continued without issue.
  3. E

Wow amazing Aida specs, really awesome. Just put a couple of 40mm noctuas on vrm. Works wonders
  4. E

That Intel 900 is a pain in the ass. Got one installed in my TRX40 system but was really troublesome getting it to be the boot drive. Windows just would not install on it, even with latest bios updates, seperate nvme 900p driver and stuff. Normal nvme drive works perfectly with old bios with my...
  5. E

But no mention of what it fixes? Outside of those 2 rtx cards I also ran double 1080ti in sli without issue.
  6. E

Why? What's not working now? Have used a rtx 2060s and 2080s without issue
  7. E

I have used 3 windows versions. Windows 10 LTSC Windows 10 workstations Windows 2019 server. Server works the best, following with workstation and ltsc last. Go for server it's the most stable. Got the supermicro default chipset drivers for w10 server
  8. E

Hey, in my experience it does a lot. I use my system as personal workstation for mostly video render and editing. By far the best perf is running 3200mhz. Have it filled with just simple default Kingston 3200mhz Rdimm. It's not that expensive. Even got 2 mac Pro kits really cheap second hand I...
  9. E

The 16mb cache as Numa domain adds a lot. Also without smt work scheduling becomes more easy on the complex Numa config and increasing trueput. Just try, I have disabled smt and ht on almost all system I run. Amd also advice it for hpc
  10. E

Sure i can, I will list my settings: Memory to 3200, ignore that the IF will run at only 800. Have not yet tuned the timings but certainly could do for extra performance Give the soc vid a bit of extra juice, i mostly set it to 50 that results in 1,05V CLD0_VDDP Voltage 900mw, this really ads to...
  11. E

A more memory bandwidth focussed tuning Does anyone else have a non functioning E1 memory slot? or is it really just me that's having the issue, on both sockets.
  12. E

This is my old trusty 2950X running mission critical jobs as main green screen editing for live broadcast. Makes my epyc es feel a little, underutilized. Got the IF 1:1 at 1835,6 for a first gen+ thats really not bad if i might say so considering rock solid for months with heavy real time workloads.
  13. E

Mine has the same on one socket. Only one red but only still at 1,16V. So that shouldn't be that bad. Doest get really warm but I do got good cooling. What volt is you're running at?
  14. E

It is not, trx40 can do around 1800 if fabric max with some people making it go to 19xx But realistic you compensate the if 2:1 with performance at around 4000-4400mhz. That's not completely insane speeds. 4000 can be found somewhat affordable.
  15. E

According to documentation retail epyc IF runs at 1:1 at max 2933mhz ddr. After that it goes down to 1:2. So going to 3200mhz gives more bandwidth but a latency penalty because the fabric clock speed halves. To play devil's advocate, if you have a trx with memory of 4000+mhz it's really Rome...
  16. E

Something strange about this IF setup that feels counter intuitive. When i do 1:1 ratio my memory latency drops a lot, what you would expect. But the cache latency shoots up, like 0,5- 0,9 ns on the L1 and upwards of 10 ns at the L3. This is not what i would expect, normally running 1:1 with...
  17. E

I got many am4, x399 and trx40 boards. I can tell you non come even close of being as atrociously bad as Supermicro. Not even the 80 dollar wanky budget stuff.
  18. E

To be honost I have no idea. I have the Supermicro because it's littery the only dual socket mobo available for seperate purchase. Maybe other people know better. Think the Asus one also has lot of following after first gen
  19. E

I personally love the gigabyte board, don't have it but just layout and feature wise. Heard a lot of good things about the Asrock and believe there is also a Asus one.
  20. E

Don't know to be honest. But I do know I will never ever buy supermicro boards again. Utter disappointed and would recommend staying far away from it. Especially for single socket there are beautiful boards available all better then supermicro