Search results

1. F

ZFS Napp-it ZVOL 100% Busy disk only 50% - bottleneck?

Thanks a lot for these answers this clarified a lot for me and I know now my storage is working reasonable. But I still have a few questions: sync=standard I have iSCSI and I have sync=standard. In Windows I see 2 options: 1. Enable write caching on the device Improves system performance by...
  2. F

filebench fileserver.f comp and sync disabled start filebench.. Filebench Version 1.4.9.1 459: 0.000: Allocated 126MB of shared memory 459: 0.004: File-server Version 3.0 personality successfully loaded 459: 0.004: Creating/pre-allocating files and filesets 459: 0.254: Fileset...
  3. F

A pool high load indicates that the computer is fast enough to saturate a pool as it works as fast as possible. I don't understand how can de pool be saturate and the disk %busy @around %50 if the computer is fast enough? Here is the test, i set the comp to off: begin test 1 . begin test 2 ...
  4. F

I have a strange issue, on my ZFS Napp-it back-up storage. When my back-up jobs are running the pool off the storage is most off the time busy @ 100% or almost 100% but the disk are busy around 50%. I am using SATA spinning disk so they are already slow and I don't want the disk to be the bottle...