Search results

1. M

MikroTik S+RJ10 SFP+ RJ45 v1 10Gbps Copper Module 30-39$

Interesting product. Important point is that these are the initial versions, without jumbo frame and diagnostics details. still, for the money, they are pretty interesting. MikroTik S+RJ10 SFP+ RJ45 10Gbps Copper Module | eBay 39$ us$ each list price, but I did a best offer of $30 ea. for...
  2. M

vSphere 6 issues with non Enterprise Grade SSD as Storage?

I am wondering if anyone else is seeing any strangeness when using non enterprise grade SSD storage with the freshly released vSphere 6? Specifically, I am having problems adding them as local storage. I have not had any issues with my enterprise Hitachi HDD, nor my elderly Intel SLC SSD...
  3. M

Adaptive Load Balancing Synology <=> Mikrotik CRS226-24G-S2+

Having had ZERO luck in implementing LACP between my Synology NAS and my Mikrotik 226 (or even between the Mikrotik and a Netgear switch) I was excited to see that the new Synology 5.2 beta included additional bonding modes, notably adaptive load balancing. The little I read about this mode...
  4. M

Attempting workaround for MikroTik lack of support for DYNAMIC LACP

I have a Synology NAS (1813+4GB with 2x1TB SSD and 6x3TB HDD with 4xGBE NICs) that I have been trying to get more that 1GBE worth of simultaneous bandwidth out of for months now. I saturate a single link in large sequential reads/writes easily. I understand that it must be multiple...
  5. M

Important firmware / performance fix is now available for Samsung EVO SSDs

Samsung has a bad bug with all 840 EVO SSDs that causes a severe read performance drop to data that has existed on the SSD for an extended period of time. Yesterday they released a tool that will both apply a new firmware (prevent it from returning), and "refresh" the existing data, (restoring...
  6. M

HDD Test / recertify options

My Synology 1813+ NAS recently notified me that I have 2 drives that have failed the smart test, and looking at the admin portal, it seems they each developed 4 bad sectors on the same day. Earlier that day, we had a brown out and I suspect that this was the actual cause of the bad sectors. I...
  7. M

MikroTik CRS226-24G-2S+ (IN=Desktop RM=Rackmount)

It appears that we lost the post that discussed this bargain model switch, so I thought I should write up something to get it started. I think it's quite a good product for the right usage. MikroTik Product page(s) RouterBoard.com : CRS226-24G-2S+IN and RouterBoard.com : CRS226-24G-2S+RM Block...