Search results

1. D

Proliant DL380 - obtaining power for extra SAS boot drives?

As promised, reporting back to say that the cable I bought does exactly what I need; the second power header on the HP motherboard apparently has all the voltages available to power SAS (and therefore also SATA) hard drives. The ones I have are 10K spindle speed so relatively higher current...
  2. D

If you are referring to the two SAS power headers on the motherboard highlighted in this diagram: https://www.moddiy.com/product_images/o/536/TB2Mg_ilpXXXXXEXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!178822602__66189_zoom.jpg then, per my earlier mail on this thread, the only source I found online is this: HP Proliant...
  3. D

Thanks :-D I just ordered an actual HP 10-pin to SATA 15-pin power cable from moddiy.com, so fortunately no cable hacking will be required!
  4. D

Ah-hah! Thank you! It's a G7 - following some Googling for GPU power cables I ended up finding this: HP DL380G6 10-Pin to SSD SATA Power Cable (40cm) What's odd is that the HP 10-pin power connectors supply only 3.3V and 5V according to this: HP Proliant DL380 G6 @ pinouts.ru I'll contact...
  5. D

Hi all, For those out there who are using one of these - how are you powering your boot drive(s)? Booting off a partition in the RAID? Internal USB stick? I ask because I was planning to use the entire RAID array for data and boot from an extra mirrored pair of drives mounted in an Icydock...