Search results

1. E

NVMe - make the most of your PCI-e Slots (How-to config Supermicro boards for AOC-SLG3-2E4T et al)

Looks like I can rule out the BIOS (3.3 installed), AOC-SLG3-4E4T HBA & BPN-SAS3-826EL1-N4 backplane. Just tried the p4610 in a U.2 to PCIe card and same problem. Not too comfortable with BIOS modding so I think I'll give up.
  2. E

NVMe - make the most of your PCI-e Slots (How-to config Supermicro boards for AOC-SLG3-2E4T et al)

You were correct, @pipe2null. None of the NVMe are bootable. I'd never tried and just asumed, but looking at the BIOS the NVMe are not presented as being bootable. Also, switching the AOC-SLG3-4E4T HBA to the other x16 slot changed nothing nor did it resolve the 750s negotiating at PCIe 1.0...
  3. E

Both my intel 1.2TB 750 drives show up as being bootable, but I'm not booting off them (this is incorrect and you're right @pipe2null) — they're storage only. I boot from satadom. Both have worked without issue for quite some time (not including them running only at PCIe 1.0). The BIOS...
  4. E

I really can't blame you and you have my commiserations. Found it listed here Intel® NVMe | Supermicro Servers Support PCI-E SSD Solutions | Supermicro but as you say, no guarantee.
  5. E

It's definitely the 4610. I thought it was the number of drives, but that didn't affect it. Tried it on its own and no good. Makes the VKVM hang on and off while booting too. These drives are attached to the BPN-SAS3-826EL1-N4 backplane. Maybe it's the backplane, maybe it's the BIOS. Guess I...
  6. E

So, while two NVMe have been working thus far without any serious problems (other than the pcie link problem), I've just installed a 3rd u.2 NVMe, Intel 4610 3.2TB to join the 2x Intel 750 1.2TB and it started of with a blue screen when booting into Windows and now is in a reboot cycle without...
  7. E

So this happened with the AOC-SLG3-4E4T & X10DRi-T4+ I was wondering why the benchmarks were so low. I didn't mess with any of the jumpers on the card and set the bifurcation to auto in bios.
  8. E

Help Silence SuperMicro Server Fan Array

The green shrouds for the 0074l4? A butterknife can do it by lodging it in the clip part and then twist to the right. The cream shrouds are a little harder, so I used a sharper knife to get under the clip. The 0074l4 fans won't fit in the 0126L4 caddies unless you take to them with a dremel.
  9. E

Help with SuperMicro fans - solved

Sorry to necro an old thread, but I'd love to know this too. I snapped the latch off, so they definitely break.
  10. E

FS/FT - SFBayZFS's 2020-2021 home storage lab liquidation

Damn, I missed out. Beats paying Wiredzone $351.50 + 200 in shipping to Australia.
  11. E

Anyone know whether the AOC-SLG3-4E4T is compatible with the X10DRi-T4+? I note my mb lacks the JNVI1C/JNVI2C headers. Or am I better off with 2 of the AOC-SLG3-2E4? Really don't want to have to upgrade my board & cpus to enable NVMe.
  12. E

Looking for SuperMicro backplane BPN-SAS3-846EL1-N8

I'm also looking to utilize 4*intel 905p u.2 by replacing my Supermicro BPN-SAS3-826EL1 with a SuperMicro BPN-SAS3 826EL1-N4 and wondering if OP ever got them to work with supermicro's nvme HBAs.