Search results

1. R

HP ThinClient T620 GX-415GA 4-core (standard/slim, not Plus) -- $25/$35

Yep, pulled the SSD and installed 2 thumb drives. One has EXSi 6.7 for boot , and the other is being used as a datastore. Checked on it yesterday and is still running fine with no issues. Using tmpfs to not kill the thumb drive in the VMs.
  2. R

Definitely not you. I have 3 units that all did the exact same thing. Spent a couple hours reinstalling OSes and updating the bios to make sure it wasn’t anything that I could fix. I’m also waiting on the seller support people to reply.
  3. R

I agree with the form factor opinion. I like the fact they are slim and resemble a stb vs. pc. What type of benchmarks are you interested in ?
  4. R

It seems to be stable so far. It is running EXSi 6.7 with only a single Linux VM. I needed a silent solid state virtual machine host to run some some services at my parents house ( ad blocking and VPN mostly). I might stress test it next weekend and see if it crashes.
  5. R

I bought a few of these and have some feedback. These come with 2 DDR3L 4GB so-dimms and a mini PCI-E wireless adaptor. The RAM can be changed at with standard DDR3 so-dimms ( I swapped them with my MacBook Pro) They are fanless but do have a pad to solder on a fan header. The included MSata...