Search results

1. Z

SuperMicro H8DGU-F BIOS password reset

Yes, that should be the correct file. I pulled the RAID card out completely to get mine to work.
  2. Z

Have you tried different keyboards? I know this sounds a little strange, but sometimes keyboards aren't detected in time for the CTRL-HOME to register? Or maybe you're going through a KVM, or something? I'm just spitballing here, because I've now done three motherboards like this, plus two...
  3. Z

I never did find the password, I essentially just over-wrote it. If you crack the unit open and find the model of the motherboard, that might help in your search.
  4. Z

Replying to my initial post! I have finally returned and after an evening of searching and prodding I managed to get this silly thing going! Thanks for all the suggestions on how to get this going, I hope it helped a few of us out there, but the issue I had was I couldn't boot from ANYthing...
  5. Z

Sorry @bass00. I haven't gotten to it yet. Hah! It's been so long. I'm in the middle of a garage renovation to give me a place to tinker with all this stuff! It is on my list and I will update this thread once I know the results of said tinkering.
  6. Z

I'll have to give that a try. At the moment, the server is sitting quietly on a shelf. I never got around to PXE booting it yet.
  7. Z

42U rack that can be disassembled (SW Ontario, Canada)

Looking for a 42U server rack 1000mm depth, with front and rear doors. Side panels are optional. The only caveat I have is that I need to disassemble the frame to get it down into my basement. I have a rack now, but it's welded, and there's just no way to get it into the basement without...
  8. Z

The Backstory I've been given a used server from work. This is fine, I've 'disposed' of servers, via the proper process, in this manner many times for my home lab. This one looked nice on paper. Dual Opteron 6380 16 core with 128Gb memory. Nice! The problem arose when I went to boot my USB...