Search results

1. J

Lenovo ConnectX-4 Lx PCIe-NCSI 25Gb 2-Port SFP28 flash to original firmware

I've got some Dell ones and was wondering the same thing. My OEM Mellanox card doesn't seem to be SFP locked, but I think the Dell one is.
  2. J

Dell CD16M E810-XXVDA2 Dual Port 25GB SFP28

I certainly can't find any reference to it.
  3. J

Dell CD16M E810-XXVDA2 Dual Port 25GB SFP28

I see Dell CD16M boards for sale all over the place. I was thinking about picking one up, but I got curious because CD16M doesn't appear to be a real Dell part. Anyone know what's up with these? They look like OEM Intel boards to me.
  4. J

Atom P-Series

So they have not refreshed the 16-core part. Nice. Thanks for the info!
  5. J

Atom P-Series

Yeah, I see that now. I wonder what the market is for 24 core 5G base stations, LOL. Is there a successor to the C-series for servers?
  6. J

Atom P-Series

The P-series SKU supposedly launched a year ago, but there are still no products. The C-series supposedly launched in 2017, and my recollection is that you couldn't really get products until 2019. Does anyone have any intelligence or insight regarding P-series server boards, e.g. from Supermicro?
  7. J

Supermicro A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F - IPMI and Fan Control

Finally got mine set up. I just set the fan speed controls in the BMC settings to low power, and I'm thrilled with this machine. I've got two spinning disks in an enclosure next to it, and I can't hear the fans over those, except during boot. I never imagined I'd be happy with the acoustics of a...
  8. J

Supermicro A2SDi-8C+-HLN4F - IPMI and Fan Control

Did you find a solution for this? I just got one of these (the 8C, in the SYS-5019A-FTN4). I'm still waiting for RAM to arrive, so I'm left to obsess over minor details like wife approval factor. It's just got the 2 chassis fans, and they're pretty loud.