Search results

1. S

Dual Xeon video workstation build - worth it?

I guess that's what I'm kind of hinting to, I don't exactly understand how much 1. ECC ram and 2. cores over clock speed would impact performance for what I'm looking for, I'm just basing it off of rants and raves I've read in the process -- which at times rule out non-ECC builds because people...
  2. S

I'm not sure exactly what you mean here with security and feeling slower, sorry for being a bit of a newb. I've been learning a lot here. I do realize now why I came to my conclusion on AMD in the first place, and for people in a similar position as me, looking for a strictly video editing...
  3. S

that's a pretty good point about running a single socket for a while. If I'm correct about prices dropping significantly in the future, I guess only then would it be better to buy 2 lower-end chips because there might be more of a premium to buying a single high performing chip now. Good point...
  4. S

Interesting stuff and I appreciate you sharing your opinion. I really didn't look around too much with the AMD stuff, but, the only thing that really stuck out to me was the 1950X. With that setup I could sell my current setup to help fund it because I could use a 1950X build as an all-around...
  5. S

this is probably bad but I don't really update my computer or any of that stuff. Is it really that bad lol :(
  6. S

From what I've gathered EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 220-G2-0850-XR 80+ GOLD 850W Fully Modular EVGA ECO Mode Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply - Newegg.com this power supply would be able to power both cpu's without limitation, but i could be wrong I know that Lightworks can make use...
  7. S

thanks, i'm pretty sure i'm set on v3 but i'd like to hear some peoples opinions. Most of the editing work i do is with lightworks so i'm looking to build something good for that
  8. S

Hi folks, very nerdy thread here!! Happy to have found this site, so thank you all for your contributions! I'm posting because I'm curious about my next PC build and am wondering if it is worth it or if there are other things to consider. Background: Currently a desktop user with 2600K /16GB...