Search results

1. Alfa147x

EXPIRED Neat GPS clock SFP module - $20

any idea what the other chip is?
  2. Alfa147x

Where to start? $1k budget for CPU/Memory/Ram for ESXI 8 vmware host

Although this thread is a few months old, I'm still itching to do this upgrade. Does anyone have any new recommendations?
  3. Alfa147x

Do 2.5G+ In-wall APs or switches exist?

Can you use this: Enclosures house wireless access points, multimedia gateways in recessed walls or hard-lid ceilings ?
  4. Alfa147x

Anybody know how to access the Pi-Hole command line????

You're expecting a lot from support provided for free over the internet. If you want better support I suggest paying someone. I would make backups of the config and start fresh
  5. Alfa147x

NAS/NVR specs for Face Recognition and Deep Video Analytics

Hi all, I'm considering installing a single ReoLink POE camera, but I would like to create automation based on face and license plate recognition. I plan to have no more than 6 cameras, but I'm honestly starting with 1 camera to test and POC. I'm currently leaning towards Xpenology, but I'm...
  6. Alfa147x

iKoolCore R2 Review Huge Leap for the Small System

Thanks! I thought all USB-C headphones have a DAC Edit: It turns out USB-C has two types of adapters. GPT3 explanation: For something so tight on space, it's odd to sacrifice board space for the Realtek ALC897 and not provide a 3.5mm jack. I wonder if it's for HDMI?
  7. Alfa147x

iKoolCore R2 Review Huge Leap for the Small System

If it uses USB-C for headphones why does it have Realtek ALC897 ?
  8. Alfa147x

Fang-Pen uses USB-4 and Thunderbolt bridge @ 11Gbps between nodes w/o NIC

https://fangpenlin.com/posts/2024/01/14/high-speed-usb4-mesh-network/ I thought this was super interesting. Has anyone done something similar?
  9. Alfa147x

Thanks for putting the legwork in for me! This is super helpful and gives me a starting point to research. Unfortunately I can't find a case that can fit an eATX mobo. I'm working with a short-depth rack
  10. Alfa147x

Sweet - I'm not worried about licenses. I was able to source some through someone I've worked with and have the licenses/keys ready to roll
  11. Alfa147x

Yup, for home use. Sorry, I assumed all talk here was for the home, but i should've specified.
  12. Alfa147x

Thanks for working with me. I chose a higher-power draw. My thought process is I want more NVMe slots for future expansion without having to replace the drives I have today - Unless I can find a nvme DAS kinda like my lenovo SA120 for $300. I also understand that adding one or two GPUs will...
  13. Alfa147x

Noted. How about 5gbe ? > SUPERMICRO MBD-X11SRA-F-O LGA 2066 Intel C422 ECC DDR4 U.2 M.2 5G LAN USB 3.1 ATX
  14. Alfa147x

yes very aware of the Broadcom mess. I'm very happy with ESXI 7 and want to play around with ESXI 8 and modernize my hardware. I'll test other hypervisors during my search too as don't plan on staying on ESXI 8 for long.
  15. Alfa147x

Hi all, I have a VMware host I've been really happy with till I was barred from upgrading to ESXI 7. I am interested in building a box for ESXI 8 as this probably will be my last ESXI host before I change hypervisors. My current system: E3-1230 v3 X10SLL-F 32 GB memory DELL HBA330 (goes to...
  16. Alfa147x

HP Z2 mini G9 - upgrade CPU to Raptor Lake, getting PCA not fully compatible warning

Could you just bridge pins 3-5? as willrat mentioned? a downside will be that it will thermal throttle sooner
  17. Alfa147x

Looking to populate older c222 board with nvme using PCIe adapter - Nvme with PCIe Gen4x4 to PCIe Gen3x8 adapter?

Yes the single card showed up - I switched the adapter out with a single nvme slot tho
  18. Alfa147x

Looking to populate older c222 board with nvme using PCIe adapter - Nvme with PCIe Gen4x4 to PCIe Gen3x8 adapter?

I found out that ESXI 7 support will go through 2025/2027 so I'm going to hold out on this upgrade away from the Xenon E3-1230 v3/X10SLL-F. This combo has been good to me for a while, and I'm not ready to upgrade. This PH45 PCIe Bifurcation card did not work :(
  19. Alfa147x

Thanks but that’s too small. That mobo in micro atx is what I’m looking for. I’ll look at the AsRock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T https://www.asrockrack.com/general/products.asp#Server looking at this it looks like no ASRock boards for AMD CPUs have oculink support for the microATX form factor
  20. Alfa147x

Oh! I'm sorry. I need micro-ATX making this even more difficult. The superMicro X10SLL-F is