Search results

1. M

Small tech tray for IKEA's Helmer cabinet (low cost renderfarm/cluster)

Spotswood - Would you be willing to do custom drawers for the Alex 9 drawer. If so I could order one and ship it to you so you would have exact measurements. ALEX Drawer unit with 9 drawers - IKEA
  2. M

IKEA Helmer custom cluster

Searching around I found two sources that measured the drawers. The dimensions of the Alex 9 drawer are as follows. Essentially it is 4 - 3U and 5 - 2U. The tough part is it looks like custom drawers will be needed or chiseling out some of the side rail in order to fit ATX sized boards. Alex...
  3. M

IKEA Helmer custom cluster

This might be slightly off topic but what about using the 9 drawer Alex? It has 4 drawers that are about 3U each. The bonus is that the drawers are I believe just wide enough that an ATX sized motherboard could be installed so the IO shield is aligned out the back. You could even have room...
  4. M

ConnectX-2 VPI cards for $150

do you know if these cards can be flashed to a mellanox firmware? also, are they compatible with smb 3.0. in regards to the build thread i will do that once i get started. i began this journey thinking of going with amd 6128s but since this is going to be in my office which doubles as a spare...
  5. M

ConnectX-2 VPI cards for $150

Long time lurker....slowly (like a year slowly) have been piecing a lab together. Back on topic. The seller took my bid of $90. But I have not yet pulled trigger as I am curious too how "supported" these are. If we can flash them to a mellanox then great if not then I am not wasting my time...