Search results

1. S

Epyc 7402P Build

This is the first time I built a PC and I have learned a lot from this forum. It is now working as intended. A big thank to everyone! Build’s Name: Epyc Simulation Workstation Operating System/ Storage Platform: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS CPU: Epyc 7402P Motherboard: Supermicro H11SSL-i (Rev2.0) Chassis...
  2. S

Is it worth waiting for 3200Mhz ECC RAM?

I am building an EPYC Rome server, with every component ready except for the RAM. Rome supports 3200Mhz ECC RAM, but such RAM modules are hardly available in the UK. I tried to buy some from an online retailer but received engineering samples, which I had returned for a refund. Meanwhile...
  3. S

Auxiliary 4-pin ATX 12V connector on Supermicro H11SSL-i

I am using a Supermicro H11SSL-i motherboard. Besides the usual 24-pin motherboard power and 8-pin CPU power connectors, the board has a 4-pin ATX power connector (circled out in the bottom left of the image below). The motherboard manual says it provides "auxiliary power to peripheral...
  4. S

Engineering Sample ECC RAM?

I bought eight Hynix 3200MHz ECC RAM modules from an online store that appears to be reputable here in the UK. When they arrived, I noticed that each of them comes with a yellow sticker saying "Engineering Sample". The product page of that online store does not mention they are selling...
  5. S

Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000 Titanium Compatibility with Supermicro Motherboard?

I am looking to build an Epyc server with Supermicro's H11SSL-I motherboard, using Seasonic Prima Ultra 1000W Titanium as the PSU. There is a user review on amazon.de that says this PSU has compatibility issues with "with new Supermicro server motherboards like H11dsi", and "the problem is in...