Search results

1. K

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Awesome, thanks for the info! Does this unit require licensing to enable all the SFP+ ports?
  2. K

How loud is the 6450 non-poe 24 port in Decibels stock? Which fans do you use to replace them with?
  3. K

I have a "sound sensitive" area I'm trying to get 3x 10Gbps ports to. It doesn't have to be silent but I have a 6610 and its just too loud for that area. From the OP the Brocade ICX 6450 would fit the bill. From the sounds of it I could pull the fans and make it fanless? Has anyone done this...
  4. K

Brocade ICX 6610 - what does dhcp-client enable do?

Thanks. Well, I went down the rabbit hole of trying to get the management port to provide management access. Doing that, I ran into the second bullet of this article. How the management port works Then I was simply trying to just get DHCP to assign the IP addresses to the interface so I could...
  5. K

Ok I'm at a total loss here...I thought that if the system gets an IP it should be accessible where I could manage this thing over the network instead of having to have the computer hooked up to the console port. I have it hooked up like this... desktop --> Brocade 6610 --> main network switch...
  6. K

I think that worked. It seems to be grabbing an IP address now. Much appreciated. I would have never assumed that was causing the issue. interface ethernet 1/3/8 ip address 192.168.0.215 255.255.255.0 dynamic speed-duplex 10G-full
  7. K

I didn’t change the add-host-route as far as I know unless it got changed inadvertently when I was making changes to the ip of these interfaces or got added automatically via some other command. I’ll try those suggestions and see what happens and let you know. Thanks!
  8. K

So that’s what I assumed it does but it doesn’t seem to be working. I checked what you mentioned and I have a recent version of firmware. But doesn’t seem to be pulling an IP on that interface when I plug it in. I’m working from the console port at the moment so ssh isn’t coming into play since...
  9. K

I know what DHCP is, but I don't understand what its context is on a switch/router for these ports. I was expecting to be able to plug this switch up to my router that is providing DHCP, see the new lease captured by the Brocade and connect to the port with ssh, but the 6610 isn't getting an IP...
  10. K

Anyone done a Brocade 6610 fan mod?

I assume I would need one of the Noctuas for each fan so a total of 3 in my case? In my 6610 I have 3 fans. 1 for the PSU and I assume two generic fans.