Search results

1. T

The HP tx4x-series thin clients are coming...

toor did not work.... as soon as I figure out how to use flashrom to reverse engineer the bios, I'll post my results.
  2. T

Great insight. Even better advice... I shall attempt to gain access and will report back asap.... Thanks WANg!
  3. T

Yes, I tried that as mentioned in HP's troubleshooting guide as well as other suggested methods like removing the cmos battery for 24 hours. From what I can tell, there's a "Stringent Password" that's been configured. That's the only thing that can explain this BIOS lockout. Question is, why...
  4. T

I'd be satisfied with my t730 if I could access the BIOS.... Setup still Password Protected with no options in sight!
  5. T

HP T730 8GB and 32GB SSD $195 OBO

"fireport", "f1r3p0rt", "FIREPORT", "F1R3P0RT".... no luck.
  6. T

Thanks... good idea. Worth a try.
  7. T

Yup, try that a few hundred times... I called HP and they said, "Sorry, we don't provide BIOS password resets. You'll need to send it in for service". Ugh.....
  8. T

m.2 cell NIC for HP t730?

Found this on Amazon for the NIC's (https://www.amazon.com/tekit-Converter-Adtapter-Support-Network/dp/B07JK3VTZQ?th=1). I'm also building a t730 pfSense. Mine came with no OS and it's been a massive pain in the arse. The BIOS is password protected which prevents me from updating the BIOS and...
  9. T

Got one.... the "No OS" version. Had a BIOS Password enabled.... still trying to find a work around and/or password options. I loaded pfSense 2.4.4_p3.... still need to update the BIOS and UEFI to allow for my 4 port Gig NIC. Maybe someone here knows the password!