Search results

1. P

Suggestion: Proxmox VE Homelab

Hi, getting back to my post after quite some testing with "Valheim" dedicated server running on a VM in Proxmos on the NUC. Didn't go too bad. Upgraded the RAM to 16 GB and gave the VM 8 GB and 2 cores. But well, when playing with 5 players at once the cpu load reaches ~90% or a load over 1.0...
  2. P

Followup: Found an intel NUC NUC5i3MYBE i3 2,1GHZ 4GB RAM 120GB SSD passive cooling (metal case). I'll add another 4 GB of RAM and will see, how well it will perform for the few things, i intend to run on it. I'll let you know, how it went when the box has arrived and i got the time to install...
  3. P

Hi fellow builders! I'm looking into fiddeling together a homeserver with Proxmox VE, to run 2 or 3 linux VMs/containers for testing purposes (playing with pi-hole, pfsense etc.) plus maybe a dedicated linux server to play some "Valheim" or "CS:GO" with 4 or 5 friends. Something to play around...
  4. P

Intel 2600CP SDR File Hacking

Hi there, like some of you, i am fiddeling with buildung a home server. I've got an intel S2600CP2 and an S2600CP4 with 2 XEON-E5 2670 CPUs in a custom case (Phanteks Enthoo Pro). But i cant get neither of the two boards to POST correctly. Seemingly the problem had to do with the regular 3-Pin...