Search results

1. D

Fluctuating speeds on 40gb Mellanox

Directly from Microsoft (Compare Windows 10 business editions - Windows) "SMBA Support (RDMA) is checked for both the Workstation and Enterprise Editions." This table (Windows 10 editions - Wikipedia) confirms that the Education version is essentially Enterprise. And I can confirm that I...
  2. D

Another thought here...since it seems nearly impossible to adjust write cache (disabling did not help me), I am wondering if there are tweaks that allow the RAM to write the data to disk earlier in the transfer process? The write cache fills up (to 50% in Server 2019), then writes that data to...
  3. D

@kiteboarder thank you for your reply. Over the last day, I have been doing some reading. You nailed it when you said that this can (is) a big rat hole. Unlike when I copy from my PC to the server, when going from the server to the PC using the same file (using a larger 50gb file), the memory...
  4. D

For reference, adding more memory did the trick. No more buffering/pausing. With this said, I am getting triple the speeds transferring files from the Threadripper PC to the Server. I am not quite sure why this is. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.
  5. D

@mb300sd, I agree. Thank you for you input.
  6. D

@fossxplorer, I did not know that Windows did not utilize RDMA using the standard copy utilities. When doing the transfer from the PC to the Server, I did keep an eye on memory usage. See these images: (the insert image function on the forum is not working) memory speed3 As you can see, the...
  7. D

I finally got my MCX353A-FCBT ConnectX-3 cards to connect at 40gb, but I am having some fluctuating speed issues. I was hoping I could get some help figuring this out. System 1: (PC): Threadripper 1950x, 64gb RAM, x399 mobo, Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2, Windows 10 Education (basically...
  8. D

Mellanox 40gb only connecting at 10gb

Even though nobody helped, I was able to solve my issue. As it turns out, it was a cable issue. While the MC2206130-003 says it supports 40gb ethernet, it evidently does not, at least with my hardware. Buying the MC2210130-001 cable did the trick. I am now able to connect at 40g. I hope this...
  9. D

I am not sure if this is pertinent, but I ran a command via the mlxtool and it is reporting the following: Bus:65 Device:0 Function:0 Operational Info for Port# 1: ----------------------------- State : Active Physical State : ETH_AN_FSM_AN_GOOD Speed...
  10. D

This is my first time getting into Mellanox, so as a newbie I expected a few issues along the way. The good news is my controllers are working well at 10gbps, but my Windows machines are only connecting at 10gbps (full duplex) in ethernet mode directly connected, no switch. I am using the...