Search results

1. S

Help finding a cheap Tiny PC with 2.5Gbe and 2x m.2

Hi all Been pouring over YouTube but I think that has confused me more than anything due to this being a market I do not know very well. Im looking to acquire a TMM PC for cheap but will let me expand in ways that may not be typical for older PCs. I do not want to spend a lot so maybe this...
  2. S

Budget 1Gb pfSense build

Thanks for the replies. It seems maintaining that 1Gb throughout with everything lit up is ever elusive in a small box. Maybe I should just shell out for the new SG-4100
  3. S

Budget 1Gb pfSense build

Hey all I'm looking to move away from my Unifi USG3 to pfSense which I have experience with. Looking to see what the best budget build would be for the following setup. 1.5Gbps down/960Mbps up fibre link to the home About 5 computers, 30-40 smart IOT devices/cameras over 3-4 VLANs Want to run...
  4. S

Supermicro 847 Build (Fan, MB)

This is fantastic! Precisely what I need. I set the fan wall to 35% and it's so much quieter and seems to keep my drives around 33-35C. I'm build some scripts (like referenced) to monitor the HDD temps and bump the fan speed to full if they hit a certain threshold. Thank you so much for this!
  5. S

Hey Bluefox, Yeah i ordered quickly on amazon and doing the math tonight, the static pressure on the Noctua is 2,37mm H2O which I think is like 0.09in vs the stock which are 1.09in, so yeah hgue difference so the amazon order is probably being returned. As for the fan, the 7 chassis fans are...
  6. S

Hey all, I've seen all the threads about SM chassis and the fans but like other threads, the threads seem to die out and have no actual "conclusion". My currently build is a Supermicro 847 chassis (36 bays, 17 filled in the front currently), the built-in fans are fine at idle load (900rpm) but...
  7. S

Seeking M1015 alternative for ESXi / ZFS NAS Box

I am quite sure it's flashed to IT mode. Is there a way to verify? I believe I had to flash it to IT mode when I used it with unRAID/FlexRAID (unless I accidentally flashed it to IR mode). (Also, how would that explain that I get 3x-5x faster write speeds when I take ESXi out of the picture...
  8. S

Maybe I've done something wrong? Here's the setup: - Intel E1230 v2 - 16GB RAM - 1x M1015 passed though to Debian 7.3 VM running ZFS on Linux - 4x3TB WD RED's in a raidz1 configuration (here's the commands I ran to initialize): zpool create -m none -o ashift=12 tank raidz <device ID's> zfs...
  9. S

Good High Performing Enterprise NAS w/ 10GB & ability to have 10TB+

EMC Isilon. No maintenance, no configuration, 1 big file system (with NFS, SMB, iSCSI, CIFS, FTP, WWW). We put one in around December 2010 and have done 0 maintenance except to upgrade the OS (not necessary, but very easy as it's done using rolling upgrades) and to modify a few quotas (which can...
  10. S

Hey all, I'm looking for an alternative to the M1015 card that I've been using for the past few years under Ubuntu + FlexRAID. I'm getting a bit sick of the unRAID/FlexRAID type solutions and decided to go with ZFS on Linux as it's now quite stable. With the previous solutions, write...