Search results

1. P

AliExpress SAS3 SFF-8644\SFF-8643 cards?

Anyone any experience of these (for building out JBODs), or a better source for an "affordable" option? I've used a StarTech one before, but I need at least a couple and they're about £100/each vs £17.
  2. P

UK FS: Eaton 9135 6000VA UPS

I've got 3 of these (ish...) I need to sell: - 1x with brand new CSB batteries [will be listing on the bay this week] £700 - 1x with used batteries (happy to fit new batteries at cost once we've agreed a sale) £350 SOLD - 1x without the power module, so only useful for the network card or spares...
  3. P

Areca Volume Set vanished

Whilst away for the weekend, my 1883ix-16 logged DRAM 1-Bit ECC DRAM Fatal Error and also, at some point, kicked a disk out of one of the RAID sets. When I returned, Linux had remounted loads of stuff read-only, and the controller was beeping but unresponsive over the network, so I only...
  4. P

UK Brocade switches (icx6450, icx6610, TurboIron 24x, FWS624, FCX624, FCX648)

Before I put these on the 'bay, I want to give people here a chance for a crack at them, by way of thanks (I've tried to undercut cheapest UK prices I found there). They're a mix of extras I don't need from a bundle, and stuff I've moved on from. Except one switch with mangled cages as below...
  5. P

ConnectX-3 card not detected in Asrock EPYCD8-2T

I picked up a nearly-new Epyc motherboard through the forums a few days ago, and for some reason it's not picking up my ConnectX-3 card at all (single port, 10GbE, I believe MCX311A-XCAT). I've tried multiple slots, and it's neither included in the IPMI inventory nor in lspci output, and there's...
  6. P

Networking ducts between buildings

We're in the final stages of buying a new home, which includes a main house, a large barn+workshop, an annexe, and some other random outbuildings. I've already got a pair of ICX6450 + both SM & MM 10G transceivers, and plan to connect the three main buildings with fibre. All already have power...