Search results

1. J

Seagate SAS EXOS HDDs, 4kn or 512e reformatted ?

Seagate's website shows the EXOS 16TB SAS (12 Gbps) HDDs available as 512e/4kn format (ST16000NM002G) or as native 4kn format (ST16000NM007G). I would prefer the native 4kn, but it cannot be found on any of the US "where to buy" list, or on the German search engine heise.de/preisvergleich/...
  2. J

Intel roadmap for Xeon-E ?

Can anyone here share info (or rumors, I'm flexible) about when Intel might refresh or replace the current Xeon E-22xx lineup ?
  3. J

Workstation NVMe ssd recommendations

Recommendations are welcome for an NVMe ssd for these requirements: (1) balanced read write (workstation, CPU Xeon E-2286g); (2) URE (UBER) 10E17 (published by the mfr). That might seem simple, but the combination of highest reliability and balanced read/write seems elusive; the web pages from...
  4. J

Please help find this 5U chassis

I've seen this 5U chassis on websites in Vietnam and India (and one US OEM), but a Google search on the image doesn't turn up a dealer in the US or EU (for the chassis only, not as a complete server). Can anyone help identify the manufacturer, so I can contact them directly to find a retailer ?