Search results

1. P

energy efficient x86, 64bit, >4GB RAM (, Arduino interface) SBC

Hi there, circumstances had changed a lot last summer (for the better) and so also a possibility of future-oriented Mordernieierunsg has arisen: Devices for shared Internet for an apartment building with seven apartments, IP intercom and possibly DBV-C>IP | ComputerBase Forum, that's all because...
  2. P

I'm just fed up with I starting using at the late 4.x stage, going through 5.x and now being at 6.2. It has gone through many improvments yet but still I feeling not comfortable with it. It is properly the accumulation of obstacles in a long shared history.
  3. P

The tools coming whit Synology's NASs don't allow things I looked for. Other applications allowed me to do this. Moreover, Synology's DSM shows me for example, what is preventing idle mode. Never felt 100 % comfortable with DSM. Therefor I need only a NAS OS (either Linux or BSD distribution).
  4. P

will do have the DS 211+ Does not allow that much customization, not that much insight in the OS. Feel somehow limited, in particular when adding Arduino and home automation. price :), the BOLD could be my new desktop machine.
  5. P

I fond figures for Intel Gemini Lake and Apollo Lake. There mainly TDP numbers, only few SDP ones. depending on the CPU but what is standard NUC CPU? In addition does this number refer to NUCs with HDD or SDD only?
  6. P

yep, it does as it will be well hidden later on, case and form factor are secondary. any idea about the power consumption, I cannot find anything
  7. P

Hello, I am planning to build a 7/24 home NAS with emphasis on low power consumption, low (preferably zero) noise with 2x3.5" SATA HDDs but I could accept 2.5". The OS choice is not final yet it could be any of FreeNAS, OpenMediaVault, OpenBSD, NAS4free, TrueNAS, TrueOS. I know it is many but I...