Search results

1. K

Optimal Storage Configuration

So, I have almost filled up the drives on the Dell r510 I purchased cheap a few years back. I could easily add more drives but I found out the ones I got are SMR drives. This brings me to my next issue. Last year I purchased a Dell r720xd that takes 24 2.5in drives. I did it because I wanted to...
  2. K

Expanding storage spaces parity array

Thank you. That makes perfect sense. At least the best that I have read. I am still looking at going to parody for my capacity tier then have SSD and NVMe in a mirrored tier. With my current mirrored setup with SSDs and HHDs in it I give up too much space. Before I had a simple parody array on...
  3. K

So what you are telling me is if I am going to upgrade the server, like adding a NVME tier, at this point I am probably better off transferring all of it over to my old parity server and then setting up a new disk pool on my old one with four physical disks, two SSDs, and two NVME drives. The...
  4. K

So I am running 2019 with three spinning disks and two SSDs in a mirrored tiered array. I am trying to expand adding a drive. Sever simply refuses to add it. How many drives do I have to add to make this work right?