Search results

1. Z

Supermicro PDB motherboard incompatibility.

I'm in the process of upgrading some of my servers (going from X9SCM-F/X10SLH-F/X9DRI-LN4F/Gigabyte Z97 to HP Z440 motherboards). I've found some inconsistency in the ATX Power implementation on my Supermicro Chassis (2x CSE825 and 1x SC745) and what the motherboard is expecting. The...
  2. Z

Storage (re)Architecture

I know this is in Chassis and Enclosures but it relates to those. I currently have 5 sandy bridge/haswell era Proxmox nodes, each with about 30TB worth of drives (of sizes 8, 4, 3, 2, and 1TB) spun up and all pooled together with Ceph. This works well for the most part, but I'm not sure its...
  3. Z

Review Request: HP Flex IO 10Gbit module

HP Flex IO 10Gbit module. P/N 56Q71AA Not cheap at $130, but looks interesting. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1750459-REG/hp_56q71aa_10gbase_t_flex_i_o.html https://www.hp.com/sa-en/products/accessories/product-details/2101153642
  4. Z

Mellanox SX6036 Full Depth Rails

The SX6036 is often available for screaming deals, however it rarely comes with a complete set of rails. The full depth rail kit (P/N MSX60-SKIT) is rare as hens teeth, and disturbingly expensive when found. What low cost alternatives exist that people have had good success with?
  5. Z

SX6036 vs SX6012 Power consumption.

Assuming all things being equal, how is the power consumption of the 36 vs 12 when flashed and running in ethernet mode? I'm looking to make a 40gbit move without straining the power budget further.
  6. Z

Low Power iSCSI Target Server hardware recommendations

I'm looking to build out an iSCSI Target server to serve up some tape drives, and maybe more in the future. I don't need a lot, but my requirements are ~$200, 10G nic (preferrably more), external SAS ports of some sort, 1U form factor, and as low power as possible. I've got both 10G nics and...
  7. Z

Supermicro CSE-512 PSU compatibility

I've got a variant of a Supermicro CSE-512 (Onesign OS201) in service as a PFSense box. See pics here: [Guide] Spice up your rack with these stylish & sexy chassis for your pfSense build! It got the same PSU in it (Supermicro PWS-0055). I'm trying to get a handle on power consumption in my...
  8. Z

WTB: 2U chassis with LFF bays, SAS2308 HBAs

I'm making a move from a single NAS to ceph, so I'm looking to add some nodes to my cluster. Ideally I'd like Supermicros (like the 826, or 825), so I can just upgrade the motherboard when the time comes. Also looking for SAS2308 based HBAs. Local is NW Georgia, CONUS
  9. Z

WTB Replacement HDD Trays 3.5"

I've got an unknown 2u chassis that can handle 6 SAS drives. It came without any markings whatsoever or any indication of manufacturer. Through a stroke of luck, I've found the part number for the trays H182DC0660-PD0030. They're out of stock everywhere except obvious scam sites. Does anyone...
  10. Z

X9SCM-F PCIe Bifurcation

Does anyone know if any of the slots on the X9SCM-F board or its variants supports bifurcation in any bios revision? If not, does anyone have an aftermarket bios that does support bifurcation? (Looking to use an x8 pcie slot for dual NVMe drives)