Search results

1. J

Issue with HP NC552sfp

I wanted to leave an update for future users before I let this thread die. I never did get around to trying other firmware to see if that improved the situation. I finally got around to trying the cards in my workstation and came to a realization. My workstation runs 2x8gbs of ram. My...
  2. J

Issue with HP NC552sfp

Trying that firmware resulted in the same behavior. I finally got around to trying taping over pins 5 and 6 as outlined in the other thread. It solves the issue but I'm not exactly enthused to have tape in one of my machine's pcie slots. As such I'm going to keep on looking for some other...
  3. J

Issue with HP NC552sfp

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to test this. My NAS has the bios options but I only have 8gb of ECC ram for it. The test bench (Intel DQ77mk/I3-2130) has 16gbs of ram but PXE was already disabled and I couldn't find an option to enable "Above 4G Decoding".
  4. J

Issue with HP NC552sfp

I bought 3 of these on ebay a few months ago. If I'm understanding right they're rebranded Emulex OCE11102. I got one working in my NAS and another on a test bench right away but with a strange quirk. If the system I install them in has more than 8gbs of ram they will take forever to...