Search results

1. B

EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Hmm - M.2 is only PCI3 x1. Also quite a few negative reviews: 5 Dead Gigabyte Boards delivered in a row (MC12-LE0)
  2. B

Gigabyte MJ11-EC1 EPYC 3151 Mystery

Your post initially came up without the link - only the name of the cable. If I had waited a little it would have saved me the Googling!
  3. B

Would something like this SlimSAS 8i (SFF-8654) to PCIe x8 Slot Adapter work to convert the port to PCIe x8? Could then use for any PCIe - RAID or Network?
  4. B

Hi @mstoebich , I would appreciate it if you could let me know whether the connector which replaces the PCIe slot is an Oculink x8 connector and whether it can be configured for x8 rather than 8 x1 - then it could be good for a cheap low power SATA NAS using that connector with an adapter cable...
  5. B

Agreed - mystery solved, thanks!
  6. B

Thanks for the replies! I took a look at the manual for the EC0 and the connector next to the 4x SATA is a "SlimSAS" wired for 4xSATA or PCIe, the extra connector replacing the PCIe slot does indeed look like an Oculink. So a good fit for a 1Gbe NAS with no SAS, but unfortunately I want to...
  7. B

Came across this board on eBay looking for a Xeon or Epyc Mini-ITX board: eBay UK Wondering if anyone has any information on this board - my Google-fu has failed. It looks very similar to the MJ11-EC0 but with the PCIe connector replaced by a (to me) mystery one. Price seems a lot better...
  8. B

EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

I had no luck with a VGA-HDMI adapter on one of these or a Lenovo server, it seems to be a known problem they don't really work on POST screens (but do come to life after booting, not much help). You need to stick a network cable into the management port and try the default remote management...
  9. B

EU LENOVO Intel single port 100GB QSFP28 PCI-E 3.0 X8 HFA OPA 100 ADAP PN: 00WE025

LENOVO INTEL SINGLE PORT 100GB QSFP28 PCI-E 3.0 X8 HFA OPA 100 ADAP PN: 00WE025 | eBay Easy to find with the part number. Got a little excited but as Nabla^2 says, it is Intel Omni-Path Fabric. Never heard of it before - failed(?) Intel competitor to Infiniband?
  10. B

EU FS: FiberStore SFP+ Modules Multimode (was: Brocade ICX6450-24P (3x) and ICX6450-48P (1x) PoE Switches)

Switch delivered last week but has taken me until now to get a console cable sorted(!). Switch in fantastic shape and now fully configured. Packaging was superb and very happy, thank you!
  11. B

EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

Thanks, this is awesome. Server is inaudible. Now I have to buy a new UPS as its fans (Eaton 5125) are constantly on and annoying!