Search results

1. S

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

Just to report my brand new x13sae-f came with bios version 2.1 installed. Had no problem booting with a 14700k processor was afraid i would have to buy an i3 12100f just to update bios. Idle consumption measured at wall socket with stock settings and without any additional hardware (one nvme...
  2. S

Another Upgrade Your Server Q (Mobo + CPU) LookingForHelp

I eneded up with a supermicro x13sae-f, 128gb ecc ddr and an i7 14700k cpu. Will be interesting to see power consumption and performance.
  3. S

Rockus ICX7250-24P Fan mod

I'll probably try my luck with a noctua a12-15 NF-A12x15 PWM should be possible to mount on the inside.
  4. S

Rockus ICX7250-24P Fan mod

With the 120 mm fan are you blowing air into the unit or sucking air out? Was is possible to place the fan on the inside of the cover instead of the outside?
  5. S

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I'm in the same situation. I have 3x 40mm mechatronics in the back and a 20mm on the asic cooler. Still after some time they will spin up. My conclusion is to go for 80mm fans in order to reach acceptable noise and cooling. Another approach would be to take noctuas 40mm and always run them on...
  6. S

2024 pfSense Builds

I'm running on a lenovo m920q i5 9500t with 2x10gb mellanox connectx 3. Super stable, lots of information in the Lenovo tiny thread https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/lenovo-thinkcentre-thinkstation-tiny-project-tinyminimicro-reference-thread.34925/
  7. S

2024 pfSense Builds

A lot of peoples have jumped ship to OPNsense.
  8. S

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

My r730 does not have that issue, i have powered off abruptly on several occasions and it reboots fine. /S
  9. S

Another Upgrade Your Server Q (Mobo + CPU) LookingForHelp

Hi! I've been stalking multiple threads about upgrades of home servers lately. But rather than hijacking someone else's thread I post my own. My current server is an: - Intel i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz - 32GB Ram - 4x10TB WD Red (5400 RPMS) (Non raid) - Mellanox ConnectX3-Pro (Dual 10G) I'm...
  10. S

I have a juniper ex3300 24P running for several years with noctuas. It is dead silent appart from the regular white noise. You just pop them in and run. What you can do on the 7250 is to run noctuas with an additional arduino/esp etc which will basically make the noctua to run full speed...
  11. S

Trying to get the 7250 to pass the WAF, I had to do something with the fans. I went with the same approach as https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/post-331607 3xMechatronic MR4020C12B1-RSR and 1x M5210E12C-RSR I reused...
  12. S

I do like the webgui in 09. Even though you configure and use the cli, it is nice to have a webui to get an overview. Another question is, my firmware update failed for the boot SH@beef1>show version Copyright (c) Ruckus Networks, Inc. All rights reserved. UNIT 1: compiled on Jan 12...
  13. S

Yes been through the documentation, and does not explicitly say recommended. And in case it is recommended over 09 I would like to know why. Anyways I'll try my luck on 09, have room for some trial, error and tinkering.
  14. S

What is the recommended firmware version? Running 08.0.95 currently, but tempted to install 09.0.10a before i start to set up everything. That way i will be able to test much more on 09, rather than configure everything in 08 and then later install 09. Any known issues with 09? 7250 48P
  15. S

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

I've been running .203 for two weeks without any issues on an r730.
  16. S

I successfully got a 7250 48P up and running. Going to replace my 2xJuniper ex3300 24P. Mainly to get more sfp ports (8 vs 4). Big thanks to various people in this thread as well as fohdeesha for providing documentation firmware etc. Had some issues connecting to the console but finally got it...
  17. S

Esxi free is dead. Alternative?

My journey has been moving from proxmox to bare metal + docker. I run all my services (more or less) on the same host with multiple docker containers. I utilize the macvlan driver frequently to assign unique and different ip:s for each container. What i miss is some control of the hardware that...
  18. S

I am doing this wrong? Firewall hardware choice

https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/lenovo-thinkcentre-thinkstation-tiny-project-tinyminimicro-reference-thread.34925/post-393146
  19. S

My network is a mess, how can I make it better?

Yes. Best practice to match subnet with vlan id. Ex: 192.168.10.0/24 vlan id 10 192.168.20.0/24 vlan id 20
  20. S

I have an old as dirt Ruckus 7372 and I'm looking to upgrade

I use coloring schemes : Red - trunk all vlans Blue - iot Green - normal user vlan Yellow - VPN And so on. Example: Greluma 120pcs RJ45 CAT5E CAT6 Ethernet Network Cable Strain Relief Boots Cable Connector Plugglock-Mixed Color https://amzn.eu/d/fNmdBu0