Search results

1. P

Proxmox clone VM from cloud-init template with an iSCSI target?

I was looking at automating creation of my homelab k8s infrastructure with Terraform when I ran into this sharp edge - it looks like Proxmox doesn't support cloning VM images from a (cloud-init) template that want to install a cloud-init image to a hard drive targeted with an iSCSI LUN (provided...
  2. P

HP DL360 Gen9 rack rails missing pins

I bought some rack rails for HP DL360 Gen9 on eBay recently but it looks like they're missing the latching pins on the sides of them. Tried fitting in a standard M6 screw through it and bolt it in to the side rail but it's too narrow a hole. I am attaching a couple of pics of how this looks like...
  3. P

Home network sanity check - VLAN loops?

Hello, I am trying to do a sanity check on this home network layout I intend to evolve to - in particular, I would appreciate some insight into: whether this network has any VLAN cycles if it has, can I get away with just RSTP or do you recommend MSTP configuration? am I doing something...
  4. P

Mikrotik CRS310-1G-5S-4S+in interVLAN routing at line speed?

I am looking at buying Mikrotik CRS310-1G-5S-4S+in mostly for its SFP+ ports and was curious if anyone had a definitive answer whether the switch is capable of doing inter-vlan routing at 10G line speed? Looking at here, it looks like the answer would be no (as HW offloading is only supported by...
  5. P

Proxmox + Windows + GPU passthrough?

I have some eight SATA SSD drives lying around and I am toying with an idea to install Proxmox on my workstation on a mirrored pair of NVMe drives (boot pool), create a striped pool comprised of all the remaining SATA drives (game pool), kick the Windows VM off from an image lying on the boot...
  6. P

Optimise 2P core/clock CPU combination on X10DRH-CT

I am running a 2P SAN for my homelab and am experimenting with mixing two different (but "close") Broadwell-E CPUs on this Supermicro platform, would like to hear some opinions or general suggestions on whether I am actually looking to lose or gain anything with such an asymmetric setup. Here...
  7. P

Can I escape ThreadRipper PRO with AM5?

I am looking at an mid-tier AM5 board (something like Asus Prime X670-P) and am trying to understand if 24 PCIe lines will be enough - I am really tired of having the struggle on X99 and my i7-5820k and would like to avoid this in the future, thus hoping someone can confirm or explain better if...
  8. P

SolarFlare SFN5122/6122 incompatible with Epyc 3000 M11SDV-4C-LN4F ?

I've recently been experimenting with swapping out the Intel X520-DA2 with SolarFlare SFN5122 and I found out that for some reason the SolarFlare NIC seems to get stuck on M11SDV-4C-LN4F board during POST (more precisely, the POST hangs for a very long time at BIOS enumeration 94 step). The...
  9. P

Superchassis CSE-505-203B a + M11SDV - compatibility issues?

So I ran into a bit of an embarrassing issue yesterday - it seems like Superchassis CSE-505-203B (despite Supermicro's claims) isn't really fully compatible with their EPYC 3000 motherboards. As you can see in the attached images, the IO panel seems not to support the layout of their...
  10. P

M11SDV* ECC memory module compatibility

I am specifically targeting MBD-M11SDV-4C-LN4F-O and MBD-M11SDV-8C-LN4F-O for use in my homelab environment and would absolutely target ECC modules - any guidance which to choose? Even better if existing users of these EPYC 3000 boards chime in. More precisely: - for MBD-M11SDV-4C-LN4F-O -> I...