Search results

1. E

EXPIRED 16TB Seagate Expansion $274.99 (Exos x16)

FWIW, I've read (e.g. from here), the raw value isn't necessarily an actual "error count". Some vendors apparently store information in half of the value and the number of errors in the other half or something like that. So my understanding is that the "Value", "Worst" and "Threshold" numbers...
  2. E

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

For what it’s worth, this fairly recent article found that the Corsair Flash Voyager GTX 128GB flash drive uses UASP, if that’s really the determining factor...
  3. E

I thought of that, but places like CDW list 752369-081 as an HPE part number...
  4. E

I just wish I knew why the iLO shows “HPE Memory: No”... mostly out of curiosity, not because of any concerns.
  5. E

FWIW, I had a couple spare sticks of HP 752369-081 16GB RDIMMs, and it's working fine in the EC200a I just received:
  6. E

If anybody has a lead on the 858010-001 communication board for these, please let me know... I'm interested in one. Thanks!
  7. E

Want to upgrade DL380 G9 CPU but CPU carrier clip doesn't fit

Thanks, that's good to know! The small amount of CPU work I've done on HP ProLiant's have always had the tray, so I didn't realize that. I'll give it a try.
  8. E

Hmm, interesting... When you disengage the latches on the socket, the CPU is lifted "out" because it is in the tray, which is slotted in to the top socket bracket: So it's OK to just "set" the CPU on the "bottom" of the socket and then latch the bracket down, without a CPU tray?
  9. E

For what it's worth, I found some pictures of a couple V3 CPUs in the HP CPU carriers and did a quick overlay that toggles between the two to show the difference, in case it helps explain things better...
  10. E

I got some new 2699v3 CPUs for my DL380 Gen9. The existing CPUs are also V3 (so not a V3 vs. V4 difference), and I thought this would be an "easy upgrade", but when I went to install them, the blue "CPU carrier clip" doesn't fit around the 2699v3 packaging. :eek: Looking at ark.intel.com, the...
  11. E

8TB & 10TB HGST Ultrastar SAS Drives ($85/$125)

If only 4Kn drives worked with an HPE Smart Array P420i controller!
  12. E

NewEgg Open Box Sale - Lots of Server Gear

Thank you! Grabbed the remote management card for my UPS for half off. ;)
  13. E

HPE SAS SSD drives fail @ 32,768 hours

The bulletin says: After the SSD failure occurs, neither the SSD nor the data can be recovered. which implies to me the drive itself is toast (e.g. it gets stuck in some loop at boot-up trying to deal with power-on hours that has now gone "negative" because of a signed 16-bit integer or...
  14. E

HPE SAS SSD drives fail @ 32,768 hours

I purchased some used HGST HSCP0480 S5xnNMRI drives from ebay based on a post from @james23. These drives have HP labels on them, but show up in ssaducli in my HP server as HGST drives (and do not support HP's "Smart Solid State Drive Wearout Status" reporting). Any idea if these drives are...