Search results

1. P

Intel SSD D3-S4510 3.84TB 3D NAND TLC SATA 6Gb/s 2.5 - new $180

Some pretty good deals across the board from that seller, and all on Amazon's platform. Nice find.
  2. P

Mem-Store Discounted Memory

I'll echo David - I've used their memory with good results multiple times.
  3. P

EXPIRED 32GB ECC UDIMMS for $29/ea in the CDW Outlet

You mean the pickiest motherboard known to mankind? LOLOLOL. I bought some of this RAM but I've not tried it in my W580/ -5F boards. I wouldn't hold my breath on it working.
  4. P

UK Juniper EX2200-48P-4G - £30

I'm a big Juniper fan, but I can't recommend the EX2200. I've had nothing but problems with the onboard flash getting corrupted on these, resulting in a no-boot situation and requiring USB format recovery--and sometimes even that fails if the flash is especially bad. Could have been a...
  5. P

I hate calling and it was still a great price. Frankly I'd rather have missed out entirely than have to call CDW. I recognize that is probably a minority opinion, but it's my money to waste. :)
  6. P

I placed 8 orders online between 3:20 and 3:30 PM CDT. 6 of them shipped yesterday evening, 1 of them shows backordered, and 1 of them has no status update. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it.
  7. P

Placed 8 separate orders for 1 each. Not actually expecting to get them all, but would certainly welcome it if so.
  8. P

Nice equipment cart; 2-shelf; 24"x32" $53 (excellent price)

Figured I was too late, but one just appeared for me as well. OOS now. Regional maybe?
  9. P

Intel Xeon W-1300 and W580 motherboards

Yes, my very anecdotal experience would lead me to suggest the Micron sticks ( MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2B1) for this board. Or, alternatively, see if the SuperMicro branded sticks on the QVL are available--they weren't when I built. I agree, this has kind of been a forgotten generation. I don't know...
  10. P

Not mixed. I have one system with 4 of the Kingston sticks and one system with 2 of the Micron sticks. I had the Kingston-based system fail to boot once (maybe twice?) when building, but I do not recall having had a reoccurrence since the system went live. Additionally, I do not recall having...
  11. P

I ended up having pretty decent luck with the Kingston KSM29ED8/16HD sticks after-all as well as Micron MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2B1. I'm still bitter though, and am wary any time I do a reboot if I'm not physically present--tough I cannot offhand recall any recent boot failures. To be clear, the OOB...
  12. P

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

...or maybe AVX512 support, but somehow they'd have to work through the instruction set disparity between the P cores and E cores--or eschew the E cores entirely.
  13. P

Wow. Color me surprised too. I didn't even bother checking ARK first since Intel seemed to abandon ECC even for the i3s several generations back. I agree that seemingly makes a Xeon W-1400 series effectively redundant, and that would indeed explain the lack of any Xeon references in the X13's...
  14. P

Worth noting that the W680 LGA1700 platform is close to launch / is launched. e.g., X13SAE-F | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. SM's page says the board supports ECC, and since the Core chips don't, I'm guessing we're going to see a Xeon W 1xxx-series refresh (W-1400?) based...
  15. P

Wanted to provide a followup for anyone that had been considering this solution - just don't. I've not been happy with either system I built on this board. Specifically: 1. Memory compatibility is garbage 2. While SuperMicro enabled fTPM with the latest BIOS revision, the implementation is...
  16. P

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

My second order of 8 drives arrived matching many of the recent reports - 2016 DOM and 32k hours, vs the listing 2017 and 27k. Additionally, one of them was bad (1 out of 18 total though isn't at all unreasonable in my book). Messaged the seller Tuesday morning proposing a $5 adjustment per...
  17. P

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

The 10-pack I purchased from this same seller came in last Friday (overnight shipping) - 2017 DOM and 27K hours. I've ordered 8 more. If your listing said 2018 DOM and ~22K POH, I would absolutely contact them. I personally would still use them and not bother with a return, but a price...
  18. P

Help Wanted: Supermicro x10SL7-F Now stuck in infinite boot loop

Wish I'd seen this before Friday, when I updated one of my X10SLM-F boards to 3.4 and can't boot anything - except Windows, exactly one time, and never again. Reverted back to 3.3 and all problems went away. A little bit of a thread necro, but it's just amazing that SuperMicro has kept...
  19. P

Building two X12SCA-5F / Xeon W-1350 systems now. First impression is that the board is very picky on memory, at least when running ECC. SM only has their own sticks on the QVL. First memory was a generic 2x16GB kit, 2666 ECC UDIMM. Board (both of them) throws a memory error when any of it is...
  20. P

WTB: Ubiquiti Edgeswitch-16-XG and/or UniFi Switch 16 XG

I have a Unifi US-16-XG that I'm willing to part with. I believe it was a beta unit as I've found the 10Gbase-T copper ports to be unstable at 10gbps, but the fiber has been fine. I have 8 Ubiquiti brand 10GBase-SR modules and 2 10GTek brand, Ubiquiti-coded 10Gbase-SR modules. All have been...