Search results

1. ewer0012

[US-NoVA] Netshelter CX 24U, UPS, JBOD's, Hard drives

Bump I've bought quite a bit of stuff from CaptainPoundSand to start my own home lab about 2 years ago. 10/10 Great person/seller.
  2. ewer0012

Server + Networking Sale

I can't quite recall. Can you use the stacking modules as breakout ports?
  3. ewer0012

WTB: Supermicro 846

If I had one, I'd give it to you just to get it out of the house.
  4. ewer0012

Power Connector for chassis to chassis?

Can you post some pictures of the finished product? I'd be curious about your solution, too. It seems silly to have 4x 1100W PSUs and 2x 1400W PSUs running in 3 chassis if I can set it up so that they all get powered from the main one. (Basically 1 ZFS array, 1 72x2.5" JBOD and 1 16x3.5" JBOD)
  5. ewer0012

FS [US-VA] MikroTik Switches, MikroTik DACs, MikroTik Transceivers, assorted RAM, & GTX1080...

PM me info on which items you want and I'll send you my PayPal info.
  6. ewer0012

FS [US-VA] MikroTik Switches, MikroTik DACs, MikroTik Transceivers, assorted RAM, & GTX1080...

Hey GGeek, Yes, it has all of the hardware in the original box. Since it's used, I can't remember if I kept the bags for the accessories, but I can check if you'd like. (It's currently buried in my extra half-rack.)
  7. ewer0012

Responded to all PMs - Sorry for the slow responses, folks. Been kind of hectic lately. I've updated the list of stuff I still have available.
  8. ewer0012

Howdy, I'm actually in the process of selling the switch to another forum member. As far as using DACs, I haven't had any issue with them. They ran about 35-40C depending on traffic. The RJ45 SFPs that I had/have run really hot, and get hotter the longer cable you use. If you're going more...
  9. ewer0012

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Why split between two half-racks? If you only have 8 servers, that's not too much space unless they're all 3u-4u. One 6610 would have 16x 10Gbe if you use the two breakout ports on the back. Would be enough for 2 connections per server, then you could utilize one or both of the QSFP ports for...
  10. ewer0012

Basically, yes. If you don't mind me asking, what's the use case for two 6610s?
  11. ewer0012

Just took this thing apart. It looks and smells brand new. Not a spec of dust in it... Weird.
  12. ewer0012

Solarflare S7120 won't start in windows

Nice, glad you got it working. I had to do that with several of the Solarflare cards that I have with Ubuntu.
  13. ewer0012

I checked the fans/PSUs last night for proper airflow by taking a piece of cardboard and putting it between the two switches to isolate the exhausts. From what I can tell from this super accurate and by no means silly test, the fans are operating at roughly the same speed/CFM on the low fan...
  14. ewer0012

Damnit, not the cancers! I might pull the top off just to see if there's anything noticeable that I can do for it. If not, I'll see if the seller will exchange it. o_O Thanks, foh. As always, you're the man.
  15. ewer0012

They're all Front to Back in both switches.
  16. ewer0012

[FS] [US-VA] 21x PX04SVB160 - Toshiba 1.6TB SSD SAS3

I've bought things from CaptainPoundSand several times and we've talked a lot about our home labs. Would recommend him as a buyer. I've also seen these drives in a functioning array. If I had $4200 to drop, I'd buy them. :)