Search results

1. J

Dell Compellent SC200 enclosure?

10k drives are going to generate a lot of heat (that's about 120-160 degrees fahrenheit), so that behavior sounds accurate. you're going to want something that moves more air than noctuas. FWIW i'm running the noctuas withmostly 5900rpm drives (WD reds/whites shucked from easystores) and a...
  2. J

what drives & how many drives do you have in there? can you get the drive temps from smart data or anything?
  3. J

wow just seeing these questions - sorry i missed them! just NF-A8 PWM fans. for sandwiching the pair together, i just removed the rubber stoppers from the inside faces where the two meet and used twist ties in two corners and some plastic fan rivet thingies in the others to keep them flat &...
  4. J

Also just registered to add my 2 cents I have 2 of these connected to an ubuntu box via an LSI 9201-16e HBA and have had zero issuse with them. Mix of drive sizes, from 1TB up to 8TB drives shucked from WD easystores. I replaced the fans in the power supplies with noctuas and haven't had...