Search results

1. V

Fighting New Mellanox ConnectX-3 Setup

I am using a switch which is running the SM. And I have some recollection of not being able to split the modes on the ports as well, but I can't remember which card that was on now. I also couldn't get QDR working, and I'm not sure why the switch wouldn't do it. When I directly connect the cards...
  2. V

I have one that I bought by accident that has SFP28 instead of QSFP+ (which I thought it had), or I'd give it a try for you.
  3. V

Just basic IB. I had to disable the RDMA driver load to get it to stop complaining. Not that I imagine my spindle drives are fast enough for it to matter.
  4. V

I finally got it working. I started moving cards around to see if the problem was specific to a certain card and it turned out to be. I'm now running with a ConnectX-2 card in the NAS and one of the working ConnectX-3 cards in ESXi. Alex, I'm not sure why you had problems with IB in ESXi, but...
  5. V

I had the cards initially in Ethernet mode, but IIRC my switch didn't support it (IS5030.) I'll roll back to 6.5 and re-try. I think I only did an initial ping test and then tried again with 6.7, did another ping test, concluded it worked fine, and went along with 6.7 from there. Thanks.
  6. V

ESXi 6.7 and driver 1.8.2.5 from Mellanox per Home Lab Gen IV – Part V Installing Mellanox HCAs with ESXi 6.5 Thanks.
  7. V

I'm not even sure what scst is. I did go to the pains to install and configure it after seeing that error message, but that didn't fix the problem. # Automatically generated by SCST Configurator v3.3.0-pre1. TARGET_DRIVER copy_manager { TARGET copy_manager_tgt } TARGET_DRIVER iscsi {...
  8. V

So, through much blood, sweat, and tears, I have my NAS and ESXi recognizing their new-ish ConnectX-3 cards in IB mode. I can send pings across the links and everyone looks happy. However, after adding my NFS storage to ESXi, I am now having another problem. Access to the NFS share from ESXi is...