Search results

1. F

Lenovo M90n-IoT $200

Totally agree. I think the soldered ram thing is why they are clearing out at $200 now. They'd be more useful and more valuable by a long shot with 1 so-dimm slot; but they have soldered and now pretty dang cheap for us to play with. :)
  2. F

Lenovo M90n-IoT $200

This looks like an excellent pfsense/opnsense box at an excellent price. Thank you for the link! With the i3 cpu, I'm expecting it to route openvpn at over 600-700mbit on my gig line (that's as fast as I'm getting with an i3-6300t)... that is if this unit has intel nics. At $200, it beats the...
  3. F

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

Sure, here are 3 pictures. The nvme (system drive?) and ram are on the bottom of the unit. The wifi card might be able to be removed and something else put in for expansion; not sure if that's the PCIe you're looking for or not. Curious to hear your thoughts on if it can be expanded much...
  4. F

Received two Thinkcentre Tiny M75q's in. Very impressed with the value and build quality for $302. Beats the pants off an Intel Nuc imho, that 3400 ryzen and nvme make for a very zippy machine. Came with a new keyboard and mouse although I can't tell if the machine was used or not. It...
  5. F

The $302 model with a Ryzen 3400GE is an amazing deal. Seems like a misprint as it's cheaper than the other m75q models listed on clearance but has the better processor. Giving my wallet a break otherwise that'd be the one I'd buy. Having slept on it, I bought first thing this morning. 3400ge...
  6. F

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I'm looking for a SFF upgrade for my pfsense machine so I can push gigabit Openvpn which requires a fast single thread. wondering if an offlease sff machine would work or if I should wait for some mitx w/ ryzen 4000 solution and build myself.
  7. F

ODROID H2+ available

A 2.3ghz cpu isn't that great for a firewall that runs Openvpn; at least on a gigbit internet connection. Still looks like a great little platform and probably will buy one to play with.
  8. F

WTB: 120MM Fan Wall Bracket for 4U Norco

Also interested in a 4 u fanwall. I believe this norco part fits in perfectly to a supermicro sc486. Also ordered one from IPC, never heard from them again...
  9. F

Some information about HP T620 Plus Flexible Thin Client machines for network appliance builds...

Hiya- >RAM : 16gb (4GB of ram allocated to each VM) and 4 cores to each Not sure if the above is a typo, but I think there are only 4 cores total in the T620p. Can you over provision cores in esxi? Might be causing CPU utilization issues.
  10. F

Gigabyte GA-7PESH2 for NAS builds for $179

I'm using a GA-7PESH2 in my unraid build. Amazing value on that board, especially if you want onboard 10G ethernet. If the bios isn't updated, you'll need a v1 cpu to update bios to support v2 E5's.
  11. F

PMS 4.0...PMS 5.0...PMS 6.0...No PMS 7.0! Plex/Storage server upgrade [PICS]

DDR4 is very expensive compared to what you can buy used DDR3 for.