Search results

1. R

Favorite recycled "enterprise" mini-tower?

Do any of the 2015-2017ish enterprise towers (or desktops) stand out from their competition? I'm looking at Lenovo, HP Elitedesk, Dell Optiplex, etc etc. It's clear these companies are benchmarking each other as their offerings are so similar... I'm zeroing-in on LGA1151 (Skylake/Kaby...
  2. R

HPE ML110 Gen10 - Let's discuss...

Pros: These things are competitively priced vs an equivalent white-box with a HEDT/server board. They sometimes show up as open-box or refurbs for not much more money than the processor alone would cost. They top out at 30db and idle around 45 watts. The case expands to 8x LFF or 16x SFF. If...
  3. R

Consumer SDD in a DL380 Gen8 w/ P420i Controller?

My apologies if this is the wrong forum. I wasn't sure about the best place to post this. I have a DL380 Gen8 in my homelab with a P420i RAID controller minus the cache module. It currently has 8x SFF SAS disks. I'm seeing conflicting advice on whether or not I can stick consumer SATA disks...
  4. R

Asus P5E VM DO - Anyone get ESXi 5.5 installed and running?

This Q35 desktop board was "known good" back in the ESX4 days. Has anyone gotten ESX 5.5 up and running on it? I'm tinkering with it now and no luck so far. Installer is hanging at "vmkibft loading..."