Search results

1. T

$125 - (Dell Labeled) Aquantia AQS-107 SFP+ to RJ45 NBase-T Transceivers

Thanks for chiming in! Even if it's not what everyone would want to hear, it's a heck of a lot better than not knowing! Not sure if this would be any help but doing some internet sleuthing I found a schematic for a FPGA daughter board that also uses the AQR107 chip (attached for posterity). It...
  2. T

Wow. Well played. I'd even searched for the Dell PN and found no listings, but I was using the full PN with the 0. The seller is probably wonder why they suddenly sold all their units within 3 hours after a month of listing haha It stings a little to miss that deal! I wish everything was...
  3. T

These are the AQS-107 transceivers that may be the only kind on the market that can reliably let you connect NBase-T connections (like 2.5G from your ISP) to the SFP+ port on a device that only supports 10G link negotiation (like many of the Brocade switches). These are hard to find in general...
  4. T

Gigabyte R180-F34 1U Server (2011-3) $94-109 + Shipping

Awesome! Thanks guys, that helps a ton! 57 watts with both PSUs sounds really good.
  5. T

Gigabyte R180-F34 1U Server (2011-3) $94-109 + Shipping

Sorry to bump this old thread but does anyone know the idle power consumption on these? Will they run with a single CPU to reduce power draw? I'm considering two of these for OPNsense firewalls (primary requirement is redundant PSU and cheap) and the other contender is a Supermicro...
  6. T

Hardware / Network Layout Recommendations, Emphasis on Redundancy

Thank you for spelling it out for me. I haven't heard of rot13 before. Now I know! I understood the Arista text but I'm afraid I haven't been able to decipher the Mellanox text. That makes sense. I'm probably going to run with this. Ah, I hadn't thought of just trunking both VLANs to the...
  7. T

Thanks for all the feedback! Since my ISP handoff is literally a single RJ-45 jack, I don't think there is anyway to avoid a single point of failure, right? Options: Single WAN switch (I'm leaning towards the MicroTik CRS305-1G-4S+IN because it can take dual PSUs) Point of failure: WAN...
  8. T

Hi all, I host a couple of servers as a side business and it has become apparent I need to stop kicking the can down the road and really get the networking done right. I'm looking for recommendations on hardware for OPNsense, switch recommendations, and general network design for redundancy...