Search results

1. C

IBM DS4000 EXP700

It's the DS4000 cabinet with 2 EXP700. 2GB. It's full of 73GB 15K drives. I do see some SATA to FC sleds available online. I picked up a HBA for 6 bucks just for fun and see if I can talk to it.
  2. C

IBM DS4000 EXP700

Just picked up a couple of these for free. I'm wondering if it's worthwhile or should I send them off to the recycling centre?
  3. C

Inventec B400 motherboard

Sorry guys, I stopped getting notifications from this forum and my my board has been running rock solid all summer. Here's the IO shield I whipped up. I have 2 GB nics and 1 nic for BMC. I can provide step files if needed or figure out how to share the file on Fusion 360. Inventec B400 IO...
  4. C

I can confirm that the b400 fits a standar atx case. I have mine in a Cougar Solution 2. I'm running an E3-1245 V2 processor just fine.
  5. C

2 nagging issues with my B400 board... I have a e3 1245 v2 cpu and the MEGARAC will not show the CPU temperature. Other system temps are available. The other issue is I cannot seem to get the remote console to work. I'm running linux, either Firefox or Chrome will not load the remote console...
  6. C

Actually, it went well. There was a sub menu under Main that I enabled and everything hidden showed up there. It was a blank menu item, I should have named it but I didn't want to push my luck. I almost tried to inject a logo into the bios but I stopped myself.
  7. C

I seem to have run into the same problem as you, Prickly. My VT-X is not active... off to have some BIOS fun.
  8. C

Here's one to add to the toolbox: From an Admin Command Prompt... wmic memphysical get memoryerrorcorrection Value Meaning 0 (0x0) Reserved 1 (0x1) Other 2 (0x2) Unknown 3 (0x3) None 4 (0x4) Parity 5 (0x5) Single-bit ECC 6 (0x6) Multi-bit ECC 7 (0x7) CRC
  9. C

Here's my DMIDecode: # dmidecode 3.1 Getting SMBIOS data from sysfs. SMBIOS 2.7 present. Handle 0x0022, DMI type 16, 23 bytes Physical Memory Array Location: System Board Or Motherboard Use: System Memory Error Correction Type: Single-bit ECC Maximum Capacity: 32 GB Error...
  10. C

Interesting, I'm running Memtest86 8.1 and it recognizes the ram as Kingston 9965525-024.A00LF which should be unbuffered ECC. But the tests is 64-bit wide and doesn't show anything in the post screen. I wonder if I've missed something to enable it in the bios. I've got a 1245 v2 as well.
  11. C

And is there something in the BIOS that suggests that the ECC memory is working correctly? How do you know that it recognizes the ecc memory?
  12. C

You nailed it! Once I had the power switch wired up I can boot it immediately. The BMC does it's thing and then boots. Do you have the manual for this board? Does your 1245 v2 support ecc?
  13. C

Thanks, That did the trick. Is it my imagination or is it incredibly slow to boot up? Any tricks to get it to post faster?
  14. C

Does anyone know what the pinout is for the Front Panel connector? I 3d printed an io shield for the B400 with 2 NICS and the BMC if anyone is interested.