Search results

1. T

Mezzanine and Backplane Connectors

Hi, I've got mine for sale, let me know if you're interested.
  2. T

"tim.yoshi" has one, but no time :) I'm still more interested in connecting cheap PCI-e x1 slot gigabit LAN card to mezzanine slot. But that requires mezz-MXM adapter, which is somehow pricey. But once traced, then the gigabit LAN for blade will be cheap as 10€ for mentioned NIC. Effort to...
  3. T

IE11 with Compatibility settings for an ILO's IP.
  4. T

Do you have MTW switch 5 in ON position?
  5. T

Can't even imagine where would you like to buy the connector. There's also not too much space to solder on PCB side.
  6. T

Strange, can't confirm that. Once again I've tried start G7 with that switches 1 & 3 ON - I was able to power it on (wasn't the case before), ILO was working fine, but I didn't get any video output from d-sub nor ILO console, even no beep at end of (expetced) POST. I'm not going to spend any...
  7. T

I wouldn't tinker it, it's not worth of spent time. Search ebay for "HP SUV cable" or "416003-001" and you can find it for as low as 16USD. I bought mine for 12€ recently.
  8. T

Thanks, will check that !
  9. T

So here we are with W10 LTSB on a BL460c G6, RDP session via USB WiFi card :)
  10. T

Okay, but if blade have only ILO RJ45 & SerDes on a back connector, then it must checking the enclosure before allowing power on. I will run Wireshark to confirm that. If so, will have to run G7 in c3000 once again and try to catch required data to allow power on. Then we can simulate it by some...
  11. T

IKEA box cover + step-down module for Sunon MEC0381V1-A99 fan. And of course, plenty of ducktape ;)
  12. T

Hi, short update. G6 could start (with power button only) even with latest ILO FW 2.33 . Unfortunately, G7 can't start at all (mtw switch no. 5 ON), I've checked it in our lab (C3000 enclosure) and there was working like a charm. So I will play with G6, now loaded with 2x X5650 and 40 GB RAM :)...
  13. T

So from the datasheet of Broadcom 57712 it's obvious that it's really using SerDes lanes (XAUI), and have no PHY, so no way to attach copper LAN to them. Only way seems to be wiring-up the pass-through module, or as suggested in another post - identify the pinout of MEZZ port and wire the...
  14. T

Have you had some mezzanine card inserted while measuring the pinout?
  15. T

No, Slovakia. Working at HP for almost 14 years :) Now DXC.
  16. T

Enough for today ;)
  17. T

So far it looks good :) ILO working, remote power off too, power on unfortunately not. Console didn't work on W10/IE11, but there's quite old ILO FW (from 2011), but I'm a bit afraid to update... I need to enhance cooling, then will do more tests. Also waiting for the SUV cable.
  18. T

Thanks for sharing the ILO pinout. I wasn't so brave to check with multimeter every pin - afraid of killing some sensitive parts. I just checked mainboard of 460c G7, and can't see some extra chips responsible for SerDes conversion. BCM57711 is native PCI-x, same as QMH2562 in Mezzanine slot...
  19. T

Hello, finally I found something relevant to my project of standalone BL460c server :) I'm also digging into this, at least tried to hardwire ILO network, but haven't got NW link yet - have to check with oscilloscope what's happening on the wires. Maybe there's some standby power for ILO, which...