Search results

1. I

[SOLVED] Trouble Establishing Inbound Connections to qBittorrent over OpenVPN

Hi everyone, I'm trying to establish a private torrenting setup using qBittorrent on my local whitebox server machine using Ubuntu 22.04 called seedbox-server and a Virtual Private Server (VPS) as a VPN using Ubuntu 22.04 and OpenVPN (I used GitHub - Nyr/openvpn-install: OpenVPN road warrior...
  2. I

ZFS + virtualization box - which platform?

If it were me, I'd want to do AMD Zen 3/4 with some nice ECC memory, but I also have some older X99 server boards running with ECC memory too. Self built is definitely a better option for customization, and more fun IMO. I mean , I even run a 5900X with ECC memory in my desktop since that's my...
  3. I

Hardware Failures in 2022 - Post yours!

Yeah seriously lol, I refuse to go anywhere near them, luckily all my power supplies have enough actual SATA power cables that I don't need to worry about those cables. That, and I usually only tend to have like 6-8 drives per server.
  4. I

Database Use Cases - At Home Experience

Personally, I'd say a wiki like mediawiki is the way to go. That way, you could even document your home setup/topology and have it all in one location, it'd serve multiple purposes that way. Although I suppose you could do the same with like knowledgebases on a forum. Then again, there's...
  5. I

Poolsman - ZFS Web GUI for Linux based on Cockpit

This looks promising, I like the idea that it's just an app and not an entire OS that you'd need to install. I'm used to managing my ZFS pools through command-line but a GUI could be pretty nice.
  6. I

Switchless 10GbE Point-to-Point Connection between ESXi Servers [how?]

It should be possible to do a 10GbE point-to-point connection. I have connected one of my desktops to an ESXi server via a 10GbE point-to-point connection back when I used to use ESXi (I use Proxmox now).
  7. I

can bad ddr3 modules be repaired? or what to do?

Sure it's possible but it's very likely not worth the time and effort it would take to do so.
  8. I

STH was mentioned in LinusTechTips video today

I admit I'm here because of Linus (although the actual main reason I am here is because I like networking, system administration, home labbing, home servers, all that good stuff). He can definitely have his cringe moments but he's honestly pretty entertaining in my opinion.
  9. I

Expensive hobbies

Data storage and storage servers is definitely my most expensive hobby. Hard drives cost hundreds and with RAID you end up needing more of them, and then of course you can never have enough space. It really adds up quickly.