Search results

1. G

HGST HSH721414AL42M0 14TB SAS 4Kn $88 or less

Just go with BTRFS in small RAID combo and SMR is fine.
  2. G

Proxmox cluster ssh not working between some nodes

What's the connection between the specific nodes? MTU? Jumbo frames set up? Sometimes Proxmox/Debian is very stubborn with MTU and ssh being blocked.
  3. G

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

All I bought from the seller never worked.
  4. G

EXPIRED $160 Supermicro X11DPU include shipping

You just flex the one 'in the middle' off and screw the flexed part with the screw to the board to support it. The other 2 misplaced on the side of socket 1 you can fix easily by removing the standoffs and screw them into the 2 wholes supporting the board.
  5. G

All risers for X10 also work on X11 and H11.
  6. G

Only if you don't know what you are doing. Bifurcation settings can interfere with NVMe connections through 4N-backplanes depending how the backplane has been set up in terms of which NVMe port was allocated to which CPU. I would be careful restricting airflow in these by lowering fan rpm's if...
  7. G

Almost everyone shut down bios/firmware upgrade/update support and SM won't work if it's OEM. You would need to flash SM versions.
  8. G

Just make sure its not an OEM board.
  9. G

New Micron 7400 PRO 7.68TB NVMe U.3 (7mm) Non-SED Enterprise SSD - $349

Same for me and received 7 emails. Stopped on the next Autobahn departure but no retailer is available. :rolleyes:
  10. G

USA Chelsio T6 100Gbe Ethernet NIC

Let's see how big the impact still is. Will try to run some tests and reproduce the research paper with this setup Github
  11. G

yes, but is this still a 'thing' with today's CPUs?
  12. G

Seller accepted US$90
  13. G

They are back ... eBay - Listing
  14. G

Import Wizard Available for Migrating VMware ESXi Based Virtual Machines

Link >> Proxmox Forum: Official Proxmox Wizard
  15. G

Performance Characterization of Linux Storage Schedulers in the NVMe Era

Something to read over Eastern. Nothing tooo fancy but still interesting to read. Enjoy. Link Share
  16. G

[Closed][WTB][US-NH] 2x sets of Mellanox SX6012 inner rails for MSX60-DKIT

I see those often sold together with the 6005 or 6012. Prices came down. So maybe you have to buy a spare. Still cheaper than the whole MSX60-DKIT. Ask him or him. Maybe he sells them separately.
  17. G

[FS] EPYC SP3, TR4, or TRX4 CPU Carrier Frame Tray

I have different experiences. We are installing all EPYC's here without the frame and never had any issues handling them without the carriers. We had often all sorts of issues while using the carriers. Know ppl in the industry prefer not to use the carriers.
  18. G

[WTB] GB00S >> 'WTB' THREAD >> ADDED: 50x 32GB RAM 2666 ECC

Added 50x 32GB 2666 ECC (Micron preferred) for a max of 35.00 EUR per unit. Unfortunately, I need a B2B invoice from a European company with a cross-border valid VAT number. Private invoices will not work anymore in the EU. Ram doesn't need to be all the same model and manufacturer.
  19. G

EU [FS] MY HOMELAB SALES > DONE >> 512GB DCPMM OPTANE SWAP

Done Intel OPTANE DCPMM swap deal
  20. G

AMD EPYC 7V13 64 core 128 thread $699

Had one at hand and could not get it working on Gigabyte MZ-AR0 v1 and v3 with newest bios enabling MILAN on v1. Maybe CPU related. Couldn't tell as I had no further MILAN board at hand recently. Not from this specific seller, but there was a similar offer on eBay recently.