Search results

1. B

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Mezzanine cards are typically used in blade enclosures, your T620 would more need something like this: Mellanox ConnectX-3 MCX354A-FCBT Dual Port FDR 56.6 Gb/s Infiniband + 40GbE It's possible you might be able to use the card to replace the embedded Ethernet on the T620, but chances are...
  2. B

You could use LACP to do link aggregation, or you could have 1 direct 10GbE connection to 2 other boxes, other than that you don't really gain a whole lot from having a dual slot card over the single-slot. It depends on your intended uses and how much bandwidth you think you'll be pushing total...
  3. B

I wonder if that might have something to do with why my gaming rig kept crashing with the CX3 in it. Although it's the 10GbE-only one, and I have decent airflow in the case. Maybe I need more. I thought Windows was just being really picky or that it didn't like the particular version of WinOF...
  4. B

I finally got my ICX6610-48 set up (shoutouts and thanks to Fohdeesha for all the help!), and am definitely happy with my purchase so far. I sadly lost the PSU lottery and got the revA firmware versions, so I had to plug both PSUs in to avoid it sounding like a jet engine, but I don't think I...
  5. B

The ConnectX-3 is a newer card revision and supported under current versions of Mellanox's WinOF drivers It's also a PCIe 3.0 x4 card, versus the ConnectX-2's PCIe 2.0 x8. That does give you more flexibility in regards to what slots you can install the CX3 into for the same bandwidth usage on...
  6. B

It concerns me that your 1/1/2 interface is only coming up as 100M. I wonder if that could be part of the problem?
  7. B

I pulled the trigger, and a new (to me) ICX6610-48 is on its way to me. Anything I should keep in mind for first steps in getting it going?
  8. B

I'm considering picking up an ICX6610 because of this thread, but while looking in the manual I saw something that made me want to get clarification: The manual states that the 4x10GB breakout QSFPs on the back are not for data, they can only be used for stacking. Is this inaccurate, or is...