Search results

1. J

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Ok , seems I have the autostart turned off, Thank you dba. Anyone ever see a 70h error before? Right after I changed the bios in my unwanted nodes to not autostart, I seem to have produced "E/R Type Code : 70h - Asserted" from the bios event log in my running node some how? Event ID Time...
  2. J

Good greif... i should have known better, I saw that, but I wasn't thinking straight. I figured this was for the case of unintentional power offs....not constantly powering down a node manually only to have it turn back on 5 hours later . Haha =) Ill give that a shot. Thanks dba -- jared
  3. J

I am curious if anyone has figured out how to prevent the servers from starting up randomly throughout the day. I understand the delayed start when applying power initially...but..I am referring to running one node...then anywhere from 6 to 9 hours later the other nodes start turning themselves...
  4. J

Dell c6145 Notes, Tips, and Stories

Amazing Answer! I think I am sold, now I just have to get the wifey to be willing to let me to spend more money after I save it up, HAHA. I would probably just stick with the single node for what I need at this time, although that "cluster in a box" sounds like a super fun project. At least I...
  5. J

Hi thecubed, I wish i could help you, i dont have that firmware on any of my BMCs. However, I think I may know a way, its a pain but quite possibly a solution for you. It basically involves calling a seller who has C6100s in stock with that particular BMC version on some of their systems, it...
  6. J

Dell c6145 Notes, Tips, and Stories

Looks like this thread kinda went quiet for a bit. hey dba I am curious about the performance issues on this C6145 ... does it still have "sub par" performance for its hardware spec, or did you guys figure something out that brought it to what you were expecting originally? I am looking...
  7. J

Holy Smokes Trigger...you went down the rabbit hole there, haha Way over my head and time for that one. Nice work though, about as customized as it can get running these things solo! :D
  8. J

Hi Doofoo Yes that is normal to remove the .1 .2 .3 .4 from the service tag, as supposedly from factory it is all supposed to be the same unit. Chassis matching the nodes ..etc.. However a lot of these unites were mixed and matched to fit specific needs of certain clients of dells, through the...
  9. J

Brilliant, I wonder if it would know where to put it? I did try to update the BIOS from the BMC however it didn't recognize the version check or ROM id, so I figured it wouldn't know where to put it... I wasnt sure if selecting the "FORCE" option would force it to load BIOS firmware onto the...
  10. J

Well, in that case, sounds like the seller swapped DCS nodes into a Service Tagged Chassis. Yikes! I actually requested that for Mine but 2 of them were still DCS nodes, and i just sent them back to the seller today, for a swap out with service tagged nodes... I am not sure who to believe when...
  11. J

Ok here is my update and it should also answer your question. I chickend out at the last second, called up a rep at the DELL DCS team, who told me that my current bios 1.47 is a specific DCS BIOS, and that since the ESM is soddered on and not socketed, that doing ANYTHING to it will brick it...
  12. J

Time to be daring... I successfully updated my BMC to 1.33 the latest you can find for Dell...not listed on the dell download page at the front of this forum which lists 1.30 as latest...not sure why dell didnt include it in their all inclusive firmware page that Patrick put up for us at the...
  13. J

Dell Poweredge C6100 DCS - firmware updates

Ok, So as many of you who own the C6100 have heard at one time or another of the ever so bothersome DCS models and the possibility of "Bricking" them when updating firmware/bios/etc. I am starting this thread to find out who has done the updates to their DCS models and figured out how to...
  14. J

Funny you mentioned this, as when i was shopping around, I also noticed 3 drive bays would "drive" me crazy in the long run. ;) I was lucky in that when I called my seller, all they did was take the 4 nodes that had the 6core processors I was looking for in them, and put them into a 2.5"...
  15. J

Wow, looks like you got your hands full there... DCS tend to be a little on the unpredictable side when it comes to dealing with the firmware and so on. If i understand correctly its easy to "brick" nodes when dealing with DCS. Dell support themselves wont even touch a DCS model. However they...
  16. J

Hi MACscr Those are actually just about the nominal temps for these cpus. CPU temps were discussed earlier in this thread, ..cant remember how far back though. These run really hot normally. If I remember correctly I think it was the the 80-90s with no load where you start to wonder whats...
  17. J

Ok Cool, well in that case I feel more confident then, and will simply flash these myself instead of sending these nodes back to the seller to exchange for "service tagged" ones. But before I do, I assume this includes the bios and everything else? Thanks Patrick you Rock!
  18. J

My seller is giving me grief. After some poking around, I decided to update the bios and various firmware on all my nodes. Sadly, I noticed that 2 of my nodes are "non-descript" they have no service tag in the bios, and no asset tags in the remote management console. There is no way to safely...
  19. J

Well, soon here I should have about 6 of these in raid 5 ...i think. My raid card is on its way, so once I am able to plug these in, ill get a couple more to add to it.
  20. J

Its quite simple to access the remote management console. Once you determine the IP address of your nodes remote management nic, you can simple type in the IP to your browser, and log in with the default login: Username: root Password: root Once your in, you can change that login info...