Search results

1. T

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Sucks. I don't have hands on with these servers. They were shipped to my colleague who has been doing the hands on, while I do all remote configuration. I really want to run a PCI-E SSD for IOPS, the mSATA adapter cards all seem to be 1x which is almost a bottleneck. This is the card I was...
  2. T

Does anyone know if a PCI-E SSD will fit in the sled?
  3. T

IPMI on these servers can be really annoying at times. Here are some of the things I have come across the past few weeks: 1.) The self signed certificate is 512 bit RSA. This presents a big problem trying to open the website with a newer version of IE. If you try to connect to the web console...
  4. T

The OS (FreeNAS 9.1.1) does see them as 4TB.
  5. T

Ya, I am going to test a JBOD setup in FreeNAS shortly to see if it detects correctly. One node will be FreeNAS running RAID 10 with the 9260 6x4TB, this will be the node the other ESX hosts will use as their datastore (iSCSI). Another node on another chassis will be a JBOD setup just for backup...
  6. T

Just a data drive. This node will be running FreeNAS or something similar 6x4TB. I just wanted to do some testing and already had those disks in the chassis. I will be installing a 9260-8i today on that node. It was seeing all 6, just at under 2TB in the BIOS. I just wanted to make sure I...
  7. T

The Monoprice part is 8186 (just ordered some and confirmed they work great). I didn't know about the jumper. I will go look for that now.
  8. T

Already updated the BIOS. It's only detecting 1687GB or the 4TB. I was assuming it would work, and after researching the controller I came across this thread: Intel Rapid Storage Manager not seeing full capacity of hdd's - [H]ard|Forum It seems their answer was it has to be a UEFI BIOS. It's...
  9. T

So has anyone tried configuring these with 4TB drives with the onboard controller? Looks like they are being detected at a max of 2TB for me. Guess it's time to bite the bullet on some RAID controllers.
  10. T

So the backplane is limited to 3Gb/s, or is the limitation with the midplane or interposer?
  11. T

I am fine with 6 drives to a node. I purchased the 4TB WD Enterprise drives for this setup. Since this is going in a collocation, it won't be moved much. I don't mind spending money on the RAID controller or an HBA, just want to figure out if a HBA + ZFS RAID + ARC setup will be faster/more...
  12. T

So making my first post here after lurking for awhile. Another local guy showed me these servers and this website. He posted in this thread (swflmarco). However I have my own set of questions. I just ordered two C6100's with L5639 procs and 192GB of memory. The plan is to run a single storage...