Search results

1. S

Old Acer Altos Easystore M2

I've an old Acer Altos Eaystore M2 with 4 Seagate ST31500341AS with a dead hd. I cannot find any kind of information about new hd compatibility and Acer stopped the support long ago. The bios and firmware are both the last available version. Have you got any idea of a candidate for a disk...
  2. S

Solaris 11.1 Home Nas

The X10SL7-F should be the way to go. In Italy it's very difficult to buy recent hardware, and for the moment none sells it on line . Same for Xeon Haswell ...
  3. S

Solaris 11.1 Home Nas

Zfs is my first choice. ECC ram should be a must but need a more expensive motherboard. I've taken a look for used hp or dell workstation but no real advantages over G2130 with old L or E xeon. Not interested in server stuff for the moment, too power hungry, heavy and noisy. Wich mobo and...
  4. S

Solaris 11.1 Home Nas

Hello everybody, this is my first post. I need urgently to consolidate and make backups of all my PC, Mac and ESXi stuff. After done some tests in a virtual enviroment I'm going to build a Home Nas with Solaris 11.1 and ZFS for NFS and CIFS sharings. I will use a total of 8 disks, 6 RaidZ2...